Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sold my Collings and got a Pava

Default Re: Sold my Collings and got a Pava

With my Flatiron and Sumi I’ve completely conquered MAS.....almost. Just one more please, a Pava A5. Oh how I’d love to have one. Good choice. Congratulations and enjoy.
    2007 Sumi F-5 Deluxe
    1991 Flatiron Performer A
    Martin D-35

There are very few among us who say, I bought my xxxx and it’s the only mandolin I’ll ever need. Weather it be an oval hole or like my Silverangel, everyone should have a lush sounding instrument, but they tend to disappear in a group. A punchy instrument seems to loose something in the beautiful tone department. Ellis I played was the best at both I’ve played, but never tried it in a group.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

This is interesting.. i have always loved a lush warm full sounding instrument, it never occurred to me that they would disappear in a group setting.. so i brought my pava to my group for the first time this week and .. holy crap it definitely blended in and i was dumbfounded for a moment... Actually it depended on the mix, we all switch instruments in and out so at one point it was with a Ubass and a uke and a drum kit and 5 voices and it was gorgeous, but when we brought a big old vintage Gibson acoustic out it disappeared a bit. I amp my uke, i guess i will just get a pick up if needed. I will see how it does in a duet. Either way this instrument has a soul and its friendly and fun to play, if i ever become a really good player maybe i will want another one but i think the journey of becoming a good player needs to be done with the pava... it also came in a friendly white superior case with a shoulder strap.

No fiddle? No banjo? No cannon of a dreadnaught? You haven't put it to the test. But in reality, others should be listening to others and adjusting their volume. I can dream, can't I?

Don't take my rationalizing the need for more than one instrument as a Pava putdown. I was floored when I played one.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1