Thread: Gibson Jam Master Questions

Default Gibson Jam Master Questions

Its that time again where I get the MAS for a Gibson F and can't seem to scratch it. I have read through all the old threads about the Gibson Jam Master and decided to do a little more research on them as best I could. I was hoping for some feedback regarding who owns one and what style. I know they only made about 200 of them and they never ever show up in the classified. If you have one please speak up and give me a little intel your experience with it so I will know whether to go looking for one or settle for a Nashville Flat.

Thank You
    2018 Ratliff R5 "Country Boy"
    Mid-MO Model OO
    2002 Gibson F9 with radius fretboard.

Default Re: Gibson Jam Master Questions

I've had both a Jam Master A and a Nashville Flatiron F. Both were very good, and good value too. I did like the Flatiron a bit better though. They can be incredible mandolins for the price. Compared to the Jam Master A the Flatiron was a little "looser" - less tight and a bit less dry-sounding. It may have been more played in but honestly there wasn't much evidence of that.

I wouldn't hesitate on either - but I did like the Nashville Flatiron F a bit better. That's a mandolin I'd be happy to play again.

Enjoy!
    Gavin Baird F4 & F5, Weber Octar, Gibson K-1, Guild D50, Martin D35, Yairi DY-84, etc...

3. The following members say thank you to Aaron Bohnen for this post: