Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointment = MAS Cure

Default Re: Disappointment = MAS Cure

I have a friend who gets nothing but first class treatment from Guitar Center. His average annual expenditure is around $10,000. He walks in and deals directly with the manager, usually looking to upgrade his studio. When he walks in with last years’ vocal pre, he’s offered a decent trade value, as he is always upgrading. He the equivalent to the guy trading in his car every year, in fact, he’s that guy too. Every business caters to these guys.

And yes, I have friends who have gotten deals because of employee ignorance, but the last time I was in GC to actually buy a piece of gear, a small bass amp for home practice, I was told by some 18 year old I needed 500 watts for enough headroom. No I need no more that a hundred, it’s for my home studio. I have a giging
    rig. I finally just walked away.

Then I went looking for a tele bridge and was shown a Strat bridge. The list goes on and on. So some of you have good experiences and many don’t. But one can not run a successful business when half your customers don’t come back.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a friend who gets nothing but first class treatment from Guitar Center. His average annual expenditure is around $10,000. He walks in and deals directly with the manager, usually looking to upgrade his studio. When he walks in with last years’ vocal pre, he’s offered a decent trade value, as he is always upgrading. He the equivalent to the guy trading in his car every year, in fact, he’s that guy too. Every business caters to these guys.

And yes, I have friends who have gotten deals because of employee ignorance, but the last time I was in GC to actually buy a piece of gear, a small bass amp for home practice, I was told by some 18 year old I needed 500 watts for enough headroom. No I need no more that a hundred, it’s for my home studio. I have a giging
    rig. I finally just walked away.

Then I went looking for a tele bridge and was shown a Strat bridge. The list goes on and on. So some of you have good experiences and many don’t. But one can not run a successful business when half your customers don’t come back.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Default Re: Disappointment = MAS Cure

Well, to update, the amount from the bank card isn't back in my hands yet. But something positive did come of this.

I went to use the various gift cards on a new order as five of the six cards expire within a month. However, the amounts were not transferred back onto the cards as the CS rep had said they would. So I called CS again and had to endure that awful glam rock on the phone while on hold. Haha. Whatever went on at Guantanamo Bay pales in comparison to the glam rock they play.

But anyway, we straightened the gift card balance issue out, and for my hassle, this particular CS rep essentially threw in 3 additional packs of Martin Monel Mandolin strings.

3. The following members say thank you to archerscreek for this post: