Thread: Best place in Chicago for repairs

Default Best place in Chicago for repairs

My mandolin has some fret buzz just on the E string frets 10-12. Where's the best place in the Chicago for mando repairs? I've been to Hogeye in Evanston, and I like that shop a lot but the buzz started not long after I got my mando back from them for a different repair, so I'm thinking about trying somewhere else. I'm on the NW side of Chicago but I'm willing to drive mostly anywhere in the Chicago region.

Default Re: Best place in Chicago for repairs

dale ludwig in deKalb... bit of a drive for you but he is top notch builder, and knows his way around most any issue... I have had a couple of high end mandos worked on and been more than pleased...
    Last edited by JFDilmando; Dec-27-2019 at 4:45pm. Reason: error in original post
    John D

With it being the heating season, and the fact we had some cold weather, it could be due to dryness in your home and not anything related to your last repair.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

4. The following members say thank you to pops1 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    With it being the heating season, and the fact we had some cold weather, it could be due to dryness in your home and not anything related to your last repair.
    I agree. Just bring it back to them if they fixed the original issue to your satisfaction.

3rd Coast has a number of spots throughout Chicago area. I use Tobias Music in Downers Grove.

Late to see this thread but Andy Miller is definitely the guy you want to see. Located in/near Chicago, I know he does some work out of his home. Knowledgeable and friendly, he's on the forums here but I forget his username.

Quote Originally Posted by rivervalleymando View Post
    Late to see this thread but Andy Miller is definitely the guy you want to see. Located in/near Chicago, I know he does some work out of his home. Knowledgeable and friendly, he's on the forums here but I forget his username.

Thanks Mark - PM sent to OP. . . ..