Thread: Irish Mandolkin Weekend Intensive Workshops Feb 7-9 and April 3-5

Default Irish Mandolkin Weekend Intensive Workshops Feb 7-9 and April 3-5

Hi all,
    I'll be hosting two weekend workshops in 2020 out of my home near San Francisco, CA. These are a great opportunity for remote students to get in-person attention in the company of a small group of players looking to take their playing to the next level, and have some fun in the process! I have two scheduled so far for 2020 -- February 7-9 and April 3-5. Please contact me with interest or any questions - mfibish@gmail.com I still have a few spots available in each session. One thing I failed to include on the poster is that I send out recordings of the tunes we'll be working on well in advance of the workshop, so that we can spend our time digging into technique and style rather than just learning the tunes. Please contact me with any questions.

Name:  Winter Workshop - both 2020.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  719.2 KB
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Dec-18-2019 at 7:55am. Reason: enlarging poster

Default Re: Irish Mandolkin Weekend Intensive Workshops Feb 7-9 and April

Can't recommend Marla's weekend intensive workshops highly enough - I've attended two meself and absolutely loved them. The first one was even responsible for me deciding to commission Max Girouard to build me a mandolin because one of the other attendees had a Girouard and I got a chance to play it and was smitten! Sadly will be unable to attend this year as I'm out of commission recovering from knee surgery. If any of ye are able to go, don't miss this!
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Default Re: Irish Mandolkin Weekend Intensive Workshops Feb 7-9 and April

Glad to hear you are in recovery now, Jill. Hope 2020 is going to be a great year for you along with your return to Ireland. Your postings are ones I always look for on the Cafe.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

4. The following members say thank you to John Kelly for this post: