Thread: Waterloo WL-M Question

Default Waterloo WL-M Question

I have a Waterloo WL-12 and it's probably my favorite instrument. I was hoping to pick up their new WL-M mandolin but haven't really found a ton of reviews or people talking about it. Have any of ya'll ever played one? What was your impression?

Default Re: Waterloo WL-M Question

Do a search here and you will see some threads:

Here is one: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...light=waterloo

and another: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...light=waterloo
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

3. The following members say thank you to Mandobar for this post:

I have one, play it often, and really like it! However, when it gets to comparing one to another, I'm probably not a good one to ask. It is a flat top mandolin and has that sound. When I play my arch tops I like them very well and wonder about the necessity of the flat tops. BUT, when I play the Waterloo, or another of my flat top mandolins, I really like them and wonder about the necessity of any other. So, I guess I love the one I'm with and that is okay with me.

I’ve played one at Gryphon. It was good, but you could buy a teens Gibson for the same money, or close to two Northfield Calhouns. But it was a good sounding instrument. Like everything from Collings, it seemed a bit overpriced to me. I have no doubt they will sell a lot of them.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I find the Waterloo to be a great mandolin for playing Irish tunes. The string spacing is great for getting those picked triplets in and at fairly quick tempos. Mine has opened up nicely. Great for playing back up too.

7. The following members say thank you to Mandobar for this post: