Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NMC rare relic (re-purposed autoharp body)

Default Re: NMC rare relic (re-purposed autoharp body)

You know, Messrs. Zimmermann and Dolge had a lot of positive things to say about Autoharps in their catalogs and promo literature, but I don't recall either of them claiming that playing one would increase production of white blood cells.

Why do I find it particularly irritating and upsetting that someone's hawking musical instruments by making unfounded medical and spiritual claims? Happens all the time with dietary supplements, pseudo-medical devices, copper bracelets, various sleeves and shirts and wraps, etc. -- and that doesn't bother me. Somehow seems even more unscrupulous, when it's about instruments, even partially dis-assembled Autoharps.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Curious to see what the fuss was about - missing the assistance of Mr. Garber in his pursuit of posting for posterity pictures of poseurs' piffle - I went to explore these excruciating examples and took up the task of doing so in his stead.

Angel Autoharp:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Autoharp.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	194310

Angel Harp:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Harp 1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	194311 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Harp 2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	194312 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Harp 3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	194313 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Harp 4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	194314 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel Harp 5.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	194315

Someone more attuned to the value of such instruments may attest as to the actual value of such items. I doubt $1100 is a truly worthy price for an autoharp, particularly without any chord bars, despite the seller's claims of healing properties.

As to the harp, I admit to being unaware of how such things are priced. But I will say that at $10,000 (plus shipping), with 22 strings, that's $454.54 per string. Before anyone goes running away screaming and pulling out their hair at the sight of such extravagance, I must point out that, applying this cost analysis to a mandolin, eight strings at such a price would make a total of $3,636.36, which as many of us know, would be a bargain for a vintage Gibson A model! And far less than one might see for a vintage F model. Not that I'm saying this is of comparable quality and utility mind you; just offering some perspective. And furthermore, there are the healing powers to consider, and just how can one put a price on those? Oh, right - the seller did do just that. Hmmm ...

This Beautiful Biblical Harrari Harp is same as new condition many hand carvings Hebrew letters carved under each string.. No defects this harp was hand carraried from Israel by myself.The harp has been babyed.It It is a Biblical Harp I play at Hospitals for the sick.The Harp is said to have healing qualities. The Pattern in the Israel Rosewood of this special Harp is a one of a kind in the world .Also this Harp has a Gold Lion a Gold Crown and a Jewel from the Tribe of Judah representing Messiah Yeshua the Lion of Judah The King of Kings.This special harp has been on Display in many churches in the US as well as international.With me by its side,always .This special Harp is the same design as the Harps used 3,000 years ago in the temple in Jerusalem. This special Harp will Bless the new special owner. Harp comes with its own padded carring case .The Harp is signed and numbered by the Biblical Harp maker Harrari from Jerusalem Israel.The very same Harrari Harp maker who was commishioned to build the Harp for the Third Temple Paid 8,458.00 in 08 I have the bill of sale . This Harp is a show stopper.Everyone wants to look and hear the story of this special Harp and hear the Beautiful tones .I sat it beside me outside on a table and when the brease blew the harp started playing by itself .The spirit moves. I tried doing it with a fan no sound .The next day I sat it next to me outside in the breese it started playing the strings started to vibrate with the wind. This harp will truly be a blessing to your home.The Hebrew letters are carved next to each string. You not only can sing the Pslams you can play the Pslams.Not a blimish on this harp.Again same a new and the Gold Lion ,Crown are thick and large ,the jewel tops and crowns the front of the harp.Everywhere you go with this special harp you will be blessed and bless those around you.This special Biblical Harp , custom made for me from the Land called Holy. After 2000 years ,now ,the Biblical Harp is back .Hurry you wont go wrong .Other Harps are just harps......This is a Biblical Harp ,Hand carved Rose of Sharon ,and front carvings ,bonus ,a Hand carved letter Shin ,stands for All Mighty .A Must see ,one of a kind !
    Last edited by journeybear; May-24-2021 at 5:12pm. Reason: thought of something else
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Quote Originally Posted by allenhopkins View Post
    You know, Messrs. Zimmermann and Dolge had a lot of positive things to say about Autoharps in their catalogs and promo literature, but I don't recall either of them claiming that playing one would increase production of white blood cells.

Why do I find it particularly irritating and upsetting that someone's hawking musical instruments by making unfounded medical and spiritual claims? Happens all the time with dietary supplements, pseudo-medical devices, copper bracelets, various sleeves and shirts and wraps, etc. -- and that doesn't bother me. Somehow seems even more unscrupulous, when it's about instruments, even partially dis-assembled Autoharps.
    Well I hesitate to comment as Ill quick make reference to socio-politi-economic phenomena and start deriding marketing hyperbole, our addiction to spectacle, and so forth. But that's not why we gather here together. I do like the sound of an autpharp.

*Fwiw that (above)'s a fine lap harp, but you can get a fine harp from all of the rest of the fine harpmakers around the world, for half that price and much, much less. Of course, it would just be just a harp (but it too would sing in the wind!).

4. The following members say thank you to catmandu2 for this post:

I have wind!

I know... “To the corner!”
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Here ya go - make your own (must supply own stickers and paint): https://www.ebay.com/itm/17478143648...wAAOSwLqRgrSiR

NFI

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu2 View Post
    ...I do like the sound of an autoharp...
    Me too; maybe that's why I own ten of them, going back to a 5-bar "Philadelphia" Zimmermann from the 1880's.

The late Kilby Snow, and my NJ friend Drew Smith, former national champ.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

But ... but ... but ... this isn't an autoharp! Without chord bars, it's a zither! Angel yea or nay, 'tis neither hither not thither.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!