Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like this site but for guitar....

Default Re: Like this site but for guitar....

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru View Post
    I've been online since around 1982 and have seen the "online consciousness" go through a number of phases. When the internet started becoming popular in the late 90s a lot of juveniles [of all ages] were using their anonymity to cause grief and HC was particularly hard hit at times, but there were a lot of people that were genuine and passionate about music that were willing to rise above the rabble. You needed a thick skin, to be sure - especially in the amp section. There's something about wanna-be amp builders that makes a bunch of hyper-active children seem like a walk-in-the-park. Sniffing too many solder fumes, perhaps?

With HC having been "down" for the past 10 years or so, one hopes the trouble-makers have either grownup or moved along. I haven't seen the types of things you're describing for awhile, but then there hasn't been many people there for them to goad and I only drop in occasionally. I think it's much harder to carry on now as they were as harassment isn't tolerated like it was and people should be understanding that there is no anonymity online as there's always a way to track you down to a physical location when necessary.

Not saying it's fixed or better, just that they finally seem to have figured out that their forum software drove their user base away and without users a forum is dead air and not worth maintaining.
    The time I'm referring to was around 2001-2003, so it's been a long time. I admit that some of the comments were fun to read, but it didn't make for a welcoming environment.

Default Re: Like this site but for guitar....

For guitarists at any level who like to play jazz, https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/ is a useful and friendly forum.