Thread: Ebay F-4 seller with low feedback

Default Ebay F-4 seller with low feedback

This auction ends tonight, price is low but likely to spike, Seller has a feedback # of 7, that would concern many but I guess there is protection with Paypal?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Gibson-...d/153746742427
    Old Hometown, Cabin Fever String Band

Default Re: Ebay F-4 seller with low feedback

kind of like me.. a year ago I cancelled my Ebay account.. I had 1700 plus I restarted my account about two months ago and have 0 but I have 30 plus mandolins and Guitars that I will be selling.. I have no issues from buying from a 7 feedback seller.. I am pp protected.. but I do make sure I ask questions and get the answers needed..

3. The following members say thank you to slimt for this post:

I understand your concern. Also, none of his other transactions as a seller were for musical instruments. OTOH his description seems above board. He even mentioned the refinish and the scratch on the back, which may account for the lower bidding. A later refinish, even by Gibson, would likely lower value by 1/2.

Gibson Mandolin F-4 Serial# 23090, 1915 Beautiful one piece back. All original including handel inlaid tuners. Comes with old case plus new plush more secure case. This mandolin has no repairs but I was told it had a factory refinish in the mid 50's. The mandolin plays very well, sounds great and has no issues with frets or bussing. Someone scratched the letter R on the back of the headstock.
    If you are seriously interested contact the seller and see if he/she will talk to you on the phone. The last F-4 I bough on ebay was a Loar era one and I talked on the phone with the seller and he even referred me to the luthier who had done some work on it and who vouched for the instrument. We also arranged a return if things were not up to snuff. They were—it had lots of snuff and was a nice instrument. I did eventually sell it since I am allergic not only to snuff but to scrolls.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

5. The following members say thank you to Jim Garber for this post:

It sold at $2950.00, I didn't bid on it as over my budget at this time plus I need to finish my F-4 hybrid build.
    Old Hometown, Cabin Fever String Band