Thread: Estudiantina Bergamasca Mandolin Competition

Default Estudiantina Bergamasca Mandolin Competition

Dear mandolin friends around the world,

I am honored and delighted that the Concorso Musicale per Strumenti a Pizzico Estudiantina Bergamasca will be once again featuring my work The Song Inside for unaccompanied mandolin as one of the required pieces for the competition. This score was composed in 2017 expressly for the young mandolinists competing at this wonderful event; it was “built to purpose” so to speak.

The 2020 competition will take place on April 17th-19th and will be open to all mandolin students up to age 22. Some of you who teach mandolin may wish to encourage your students to participate. A springtime visit to verdant Italy is always a treat and of course these grand events are amazing experiences for young musicians, full of excitement and inspiration that often lasts for a lifetime.

For those interested, I attach the complete regulations for participation. The rest of you are of course equally welcome to the music for your own pleasure; please just zap me a message through the Café and I will be happy to share the score with you, entirely gratis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EstudiantinaBergamasca.pdf 
Views:	89 
Size:	623.3 KB 
ID:	181300

Three cheers for all those talented young musicians who take up the lovely mandolin!

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

2. The following members say thank you to vkioulaphides for this post: