Thread: Myrtle Beach Bluegrass Fest Nov 28-30

Default Myrtle Beach Bluegrass Fest Nov 28-30

Is anybody going to be at this event? Has anybody been to it in the past? Since it is an indoor event (and kinda cold) are there places to jam? Would love to hear a roll call and any info from past attendees. Thanks!

Default Re: Myrtle Beach Bluegrass Fest Nov 28-30

Never heard of it but I HAVE visited Myrtle Beach the weekend after Thanksgiving in the past - the "locals" act like I'm crazy for walking on the beach barefoot in shorts, but for us "Northerners," it's pretty darn warm. Maybe "cold" all depends on the temps you are used to! LOL!! I would think nothing of an outdoor jam in usual Myrtle Beach temps around Thanksgiving time.

I was at Myrtle Beach State Park campground for several days last year on my way down south. Went to the Festival for one day only. There was a vendor area behind the stage, and there were a few "compartments" for jamming, divided by tarps/blankets. So that was not ideal. I have been to indoor festivals in hotels where there were much better jamming spaces. I was there until early evening only, so I can't say anything about jamming activities at night time.

What I did not like was the seating policy. Quite different from what I knew from other festivals.

Looked for musicians at the campground, too. But did not see/hear anyone playing an instrument in front of their RVs.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain

Forecast for November 28th-30th in Myrtle Beach looks pretty good. Saturday the 30th high supposed to be 63. https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...74c823ddf7f1ec
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"