• Wavelry ~ Tribute to John McGann

0 0%
  • Grey Owl ~ Old Time fiddle tune

2 50.00%
  • Owny's Best Jig ~ Scottish

2 50.00%

Thread: Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #510

Default Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #510

This poll is for the Song A Week Social Group Week #510.

One vote per member of the social group. Please feel free to link to videos of these tunes, as a reply to this discussion, to help others decide!

If you are a regular member, you know that our polls have been weekly polls, for years, but that over the last few months I've been experimenting with changing that. Our poll will be a biweekly poll. Hopefully, that interval will be enough to keep your interest, and also give you enough time to learn it. I will try to announce the winner on Friday, November 29, in the Song A Week Social Group forum. However, that's a holiday weekend, and I am going to be away from home, so I might be a little late posting (and you probably are thinking, what else is new?!?!)

If you are not yet a member, there's a link at the bottom of this post that will take you there! Please join us over there!

If you ARE a member already, and one who participates in these polls, I am in need of new tune suggestions! I depend on you all to help me keep this list populated! It's OK to suggest tunes that are already here as 'other tunes', but I'd appreciate it, if when you send me your suggestions, you do a quick check of our 'official tunes' to make sure we don't have a duplicate! You can make the suggestions in the discussion in the social group, called Poll Tune Suggestions. It also helps me if you can include the genre along with the title. I try to populate our polls with a variety of tunes, but our list is in serious need of some Bluegrass tunes, and more Old time! If you can also link to notation or a video along with your suggestion, that would be a great help! I'm depending on you members to keep this group alive!

Default Re: Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #510

And here’s a link to this week’s choice, The Hut on Staffin Island
    Everyone welcome!

Default Re: Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #510

Anyone know what the timing in this jig is called, it seems sort of stretched out -I like it, I just wondered if there a name for it?
    -when the timing becomes more like 123456, 123456, etc.