Default Feeling guitar bodied Mandocello

I saw this on ebay today:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Feeling-Han...p/362663856940
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	181181
    Feeling is another brand made by Pango/Afanti, it seems.

Looks exactly like the Morgan Monroe mandocello that I have.
    https://www.morganmonroe.net/mm-mc100.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mandocello-logo.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	181182

Solid carved top, laminate back and sides. After some fretwork and setup, it is a remarkably great mandocello. I like it better than any of the Eastman mandocellos I've tried. It has a very deep body. 5.5"
    Neck is comfortable in width and depth.

Anyhow, I would certainly buy one if I didn't have the same already.
    NFI

Also, if anyone does buy one, I was able to find a case that fit it with a bit of modification. I'll look for the model and post it.
    Edit: here is the case I found to fit it: Guardian CG-022-HD Deluxe Archtop Hardshell Case, Deep Hollowbody
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DNP4M8
    It required pulling up the lining inside the bottom of the case and pulling out a piece of foam and then putting the lining back, in order to accommodate the depth of the instrument. It is still padded underneath by the backing foam.
    Last edited by stevojack665; Nov-14-2019 at 1:57pm. Reason: added case info

Default Re: Feeling guitar bodied Mandocello

Solid carved top
    That is NOT what the page says - it says "solid spruce top". That does not imply carved, and I've run into instruments before with the same words - and it meant laminate.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMelloCello View Post
    That is NOT what the page says - it says "solid spruce top". That does not imply carved, and I've run into instruments before with the same words - and it meant laminate.
    I hear ya. Builders/factories are not very clear on what they use and the nomenclature is not at all standardized. The one that I own has a carved top. As far as I can tell, this one is a near exact match, so I would guess it does too, but I have no way of verifying that, short of buying one.

Feeling also has a F shape mandocello and lots of mandolins(EST.1994)

My first mandolin was a sub hundred dollar f style feeling. It was very quiet and needed a set up but good value for the money.

Feeling/Afanti/Pango have some great instruments. I own 2 of their carved solid woods mandolins and they are excellent for the cost. They did require a full setup and took a while to be delivered, but I'm quite happy with them.
    Other than the guitar bodied Morgan Monroe mandocello that I have, which appears to have been made by the same factory, I don't have any experience with their lower priced laminate wood mandolins.