Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Default Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    ...i have bought a new Blueridge BR 163a six string!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BR-163A_a_bg.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	189498

Absolutely beautiful guitar fox! - just the right amount of bling. Congratulations! You had mentioned that you are playing 6-string more, nice purchase. I'm envious (in a good way).

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    but i have kept...a harmony baritone uku tuned in 5ths
    I'll never part with my mahogany Harmony baritone uke. I still have the same strings on it from your recommendation last year. Wouldn't mind getting rid of a few laminate tenor guitars though. I'm tenative when it comes to selling tenor guitars - hard to explain.

I'd be in trouble if I played 6-string guitars. Less expensive (overall) - more to choose from - I'd have a hundred.

Good luck with the new Blueridge fox!

Huck

2. The following members say thank you to Huck for this post:

fox 

If anyone is still looking there is a reasonably priced Fiesta Red one on eBay with a starting bid of $532.00, and the seller is accepting offers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Teno...cAAOSw5yVfqIZF

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    If anyone is still looking there is a reasonably priced Fiesta Red one on eBay with a starting bid of $532.00, and the seller is accepting offers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Teno...cAAOSw5yVfqIZF
    It's peculiar. I posted the above using my computer. When I tried to access the link on my phone, the link does not work. Do parsed links not work on the mobile site?

The link worked for me

I ordered one thursday and got it today from thomann here in germany. But they wrote me that they wouldn’t get a new order but maybe they want me to buy one. that worked!
    I have a blond one and it’s pretty nice and fits nicely to my yellow emando and blond telecaster.

7. The following members say thank you to MarkusSpiel for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusSpiel View Post
    I ordered one thursday and got it today from thomann here in germany. But they wrote me that they wouldn’t get a new order but maybe they want me to buy one. that worked!
    I have a blond one and it’s pretty nice and fits nicely to my yellow emando and blond telecaster.
    Congratulation MarkusSpiel. Thomann is still showing a Butterscotch Blonde one in stock - available immediately.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tenor_tele_mn_btb.htm

Can you please tell me what year it was made?, is first two numbers of the serial number 19 or 20?

Enjoy!
    Huck

9. The following members say thank you to Huck for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Congratulation MarkusSpiel. Thomann is still showing a Butterscotch Blonde one in stock - available immediately.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tenor_tele_mn_btb.htm

Can you please tell me what year it was made?, is first two numbers of the serial number 19 or 20?

Enjoy!
    Huck
    Hey Huck,
    it does start with 20.
    A good sign I guess.

Markus
    Gibson F2 1916
    Hartmann A Oval 2017
    Hartmann Two Pointer 2018
    Kimble J 2020

11. The following members say thank you to MarkusSpiel for this post:

Huck 

Surprisingly, to me, Thomann is still showing a Butterscotch Blonde as available immediately - 488 €. Their website says can deliver before Christmas: https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tenor_tele_mn_btb.htm

In the US - I see none on Reverb and the eBay sellers are all in Japan.

A retail priced Lake Placid Blue in Middlesex, UK on eBay as well - £429.

Happy Holidays All!
    Huck
    Last edited by Huck; Dec-17-2020 at 9:52am. Reason: grammar

Oscillate Music does a nice job demoing in 5ths and 4ths. Sold them both for a fair price. I enjoyed the video, thought I'd share.

Exclamation Expensive Set of all 3 Fender Tenor Tele Colors

15. The following members say thank you to Huck for this post:

fox 

Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by kmmando View Post
    Had good success fitting the tenor into this SKB case, and here's a few snaps of the job, foam, glue and black felt.

A good snug fit and well secured inside, and safe from other gear in the van now.

Link is to Amazon, but there are plenty of other suppliers at competitive prices! Its a good case, and will fit the National resonator tenor guitar as well.

Name:	DSC02777 small.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	353.0 KB 
ID:	184532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02778 small.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	184533

Name:	DSC02783 small.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	354.3 KB 
ID:	184534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02782 small.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	331.2 KB 
ID:	184535

Name:	DSC02781 small.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	184536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02780 small.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	423.8 KB 
ID:	184537

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKB-1SKB-30.../dp/B0002F79CU
    Finally was able to order one of these cases, thanks so much for the information. If you see this message, could you give a brief overview of what you did to retrofit this for the Tenor Tele? I can see the pictures, looks like you beefed up the under instrument foam. Did you do anything on the sides or for the neck support? If you provided this detail already, my apologies, just not seeing that and again thanks for the pointer!
    Girouard A5
    Girouard F5
    Eastwood Mandocaster
    Fender Tenor Telecaster (GDAE)
    Collings O1A
    Recording King Tenor Guitar

18. The following members say thank you to shaundeane for this post:

Anyone have a particular pedal that really adds something to the experience? I have a pretty basic set up - reverb, delay, looper. I do have a chorus pedal. Not a huge fan of that effect and I have an unusual Jimi Hendrix style Viscous Vibe pedal. Tuned in fifths. Also not really looking for overdrive or distortion. I guess I'm describing the Instant Jazz Comp pedal.
    Girouard A5
    Girouard F5
    Eastwood Mandocaster
    Collings O1A

Anyone have a particular pedal that really adds something to the experience? I have a pretty basic set up - reverb, delay, looper. I do have a chorus pedal. Not a huge fan of that effect and I have an unusual Jim Hendrix style Viscous Vibe pedal. Tuned in fifths. Also not really looking for overdrive or distortion. I guess I'm describing the Instant Jazz Comp pedal.
    Girouard A5
    Girouard F5
    Eastwood Mandocaster
    Collings O1A

Just got the recommended case and it fits great. I wouldn't too it from a truck but more than OK for in house humidification in dry months. Thanks a lot for the suggestion kmmando and Huck!
    Girouard A5
    Girouard F5
    Eastwood Mandocaster
    Collings O1A

22. The following members say thank you to shaundeane for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by shaundeane View Post
    Anyone have a particular pedal that really adds something to the experience? I have a pretty basic set up - reverb, delay, looper. I do have a chorus pedal. Not a huge fan of that effect and I have an unusual Jim Hendrix style Viscous Vibe pedal. Tuned in fifths. Also not really looking for overdrive or distortion. I guess I'm describing the Instant Jazz Comp pedal.
    After a lot of years mucking about I put together a rig that handles most chores. I went with separate clean and crunch rigs that I switch between with an A/B pedal.

Each rig has it's own effects chain and amp (low watters) with the looper pedal doing the job of a central mixing station. I run each rig through a separate channel (Left or Right of the looper's stereo input/output) which goes into it's own record bus on a Yamaha AW1600 digital recorder. The looper syncs off the BeatBuddy drum pedal via MIDI so everything stays in time. BeatBuddy (drums) output is recorded on their own stereo channel.

On top of reverb/delay I like to toss in some modulation effects. I use an envelope phaser on the dirty channel that adds a nice wash under the tone. I use a Morley wah pedal that also has a "distortion" circuit with some EQ which I use to beef up things like bass. I got the Korg G3 because of the flanger, but it has some nice settings that do the job of reverb/delay on the clean rig. I do like the Tremvelope - it's a very musical tremolo effect.

I did package/brand and launch Pigtronix so I got to play with some nice effects along the way and explains whey they are on my pedal boards. There are so many effects pedals out there today that it's a challenge even knowing where to start, but that's a big part of the fun.

VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

I went with Surf Green! Distressed by vintagerelic.com

Name:	IMG_1019.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	629.2 KB 
ID:	195932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	907.0 KB 
ID:	195933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1017.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	871.1 KB 
ID:	195934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0995.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	728.9 KB 
ID:	195935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	851.6 KB 
ID:	195936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1018.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	889.8 KB 
ID:	195937
    Last edited by Chris Gray; Aug-22-2021 at 8:50pm.
    Chris from Tucson
    2007 Heiden Artist F5 #F102
    1919 Gibson A3 #49762 (found on eBay for $15!!)
    2022 Austin Clark Octave #159
    1922 Gibson H1 Mandola #70063
    1972 Martin D-18 (modified by Bryan Kimsey)
    2024 Klos Carbon Fiber (on order)

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gray For This Useful Post:

Beautiful!

It looks like a few of these Squier tenor teles appeared in various places online in January to not much fanfare. I wonder if they were planning a production but shelved it because they were so slammed with the lockdown demand, but a couple of samples made it stateside.

https://reverb.com/item/47060421-squier-tenor-tele-red

Hopefully a full production will happen at some point in the future.

28. The following members say thank you to cerebarat for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by cerebarat View Post
    It looks like a few of these Squier tenor teles appeared in various places online in January to not much fanfare
    Do you have a record of more than this one example? I know of this one but not others, would love to get more info on these squires!

Thanks,
    Baron

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Collins-Hill View Post
    Do you have a record of more than this one example? I know of this one but not others, would love to get more info on these squires!

Thanks,
    Baron

Someone on the Fender Tenor Tele group on Facebook has one that they say they bought from a used shop, can't say for definite that it's not the same one though.

My dream is for fender to do a gold guard duo sonic reissue as a tenor, alongside a gold guard Fender Mandolin. That body shape seems like a natural fit for the narrow neck:

Name:	peabody.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	201466

I wouldn't say no to a Fender Bouzouki either:

Name:	IMG_7721.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	201467

Actually looking at it again, I'm almost certain it's the same one. Strange all round.

Lol, that person who says they have one on the Facebook group is me. I do. It is the one from the Reverb listing you posted. So we are back to only one known to exist….

33. The following members say thank you to Scott R for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    Lol, that person who says they have one on the Facebook group is me. I do. It is the one from the Reverb listing you posted. So we are back to only one known to exist….
    Then you're the person to ask.

Can you tell from how it's made whether or not it is a "real" Squier or could it be something someone put together with some parts and decals? Not sure why someone would clone a Squier, but stranger things have happened.
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

I had been looking for a reasonably priced Butterscotch Blonde. I found one online today for less than $800, so I bought it. There seems to be a glut of Tenor Guitars for sale right now, both acoustic and electric. So I imagine prices are going to start falling (hopefully). There are Tenor Teles for sale on Reverb the lowest is about a grand, most around $1200. Perhaps the Glarry Tenor Tele at $200 has stole some of Fender's thunder?

I am looking forward to the new addition. I figure if don't like it, I can always sell it and recover my purchase price.

Happy Holidays!