Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Default Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

There have been a few for sale on Reverb lately and more pre-orders.

Saw an online review today @ Reverb. Not very flattering.

"Reviewer: Bob R.

Great idea, so-so execution
    Verified purchase
    Nov 11, 2019

Good points: nice finish, pickups (they sound very good).

Bad points: Worst setup and fretwork I've ever seen on a Fender-brand instrument - sharp fret ends, poorly leveled frets, insanely high nut slots. I don't know how quality control let this get out of the factory."

I'll have to wait and see.
    Huck

Default Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Received the following email from Fender today:

"HURRY - GET YOUR ALTERNATE REALITY TENOR TELE® BEFORE IT'S GONE

Great news! Your Alternate Reality Tenor Tele® is available and ready to ship. Place your order NOW, as products sell out quickly.
    Alternate Reality Tenor Tele®
    ORDER NOW
    Want your gear right away? Take advantage of our expedited shipping options. You'll be plugged in and playing in no time.
    Have questions? We're here to help.
    Contact the FMIC Consumer Relations Department at (800) 856-9801 or email us at consumerrelations@fender.com.
    Thank you for choosing Fender Musical Instruments!"

The link (https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electr...yEmail_Clicked) gave the capability to order the Fiesta Red only online. Called Consumer Relations and was told that only the Fiesta Red is available to order directly from Fender.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    The link (https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electr...yEmail_Clicked) gave the capability to order the Fiesta Red only online. Called Consumer Relations and was told that only the Fiesta Red is available to order directly from Fender.
    If this comes [straight from Fender to customer] with a crappy setup then everyone has a right to gripe at Fender's poor QC.
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

All colors now appearing available online.

Butterscotch Blonde arrived yesterday.

Fit and finish is great. No issues with the frets. Translucent finish shows wood grain.

Sounds great.

Fender F610 Mini Stratocaster gig bag is nice.

Headstock is tiny, will not fit on a Hercules stand or wall hook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0021 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	527.2 KB 
ID:	181739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	181740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0016 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	339.4 KB 
ID:	181741  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0023 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	181742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0024 - Copy - Copy.JPG 
Views:	421 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	181743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side dots.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	452.7 KB 
ID:	181744  

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Huck For This Useful Post:

Nice.

The above link now redirects to Fender's online store. The "Alternate Reality" section of their website doesn't have an entry for the tenor. Someone in another thread said Fender is making another batch after the first run sold out, so I wonder why they're being so weird. If peeps want one, take orders and gear up production. This on-again-off-again stuff is beyond odd.

- ---==< V >==--- -

Thanks Verne,

I was always under the impression that it was a limited run.

From Fender:
    https://www.fender.com/articles/gear...reality-series

...Alternate Reality Series, a limited-edition run of models where multiple Fender design clues are mixed and matched within a single instrument.

"The Alternate Reality Series continues our recent tradition of creating limited runs of uniquely compelling guitars with interesting body styles and tonal configurations," said Fender Vice President of Electric Guitars, Basses and Amplifiers Max Gutnik.

I would think a limited edition would be what 500 guitars? A thousand?

It is showing here: https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electr...rnate-reality/

Thanks again,
    Huck

Fit and finish is great. No issues with the frets. Translucent finish shows wood grain.

Sounds great.

Beautiful guitar! Thanks for posting.

It's also listed on the Fender website in the Telecaster section.

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electr...rs/telecaster/
    Blueridge BR-60T Tenor Guitar
    Eastwood Warren Ellis 2P Tenor Guitar

It doesn't seem like good business sense to redesign and tool up for a completely different size, unlike anything else Fender makes, only to make one short limited run. Even tho CNC programming is used, there is also the bridge and two pickups that requires tooling. So i'm hoping the next run, and the one after that won't be a long time in hitting the streets.

I found it in the telecaster section - thanks for the link Chip/Huck - but doesn't show in the original link on my machine.

Thanks Huck, I wasn't aware it was a limited run. That said, they don't seem to be mentioning that on their site that I can find.

- ---==< V >==--- -

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru View Post
    Thanks Huck, I wasn't aware it was a limited run. That said, they don't seem to be mentioning that on their site that I can find.
    I probably spend too much time reading on the web.

Having followed both the Parallel Universe Collection and the Alternate Reality Series - they're both limited-edition runs. Thought this was always stated as such.

It may make some sense to Fender to make a limited edition guitar that people will gobble up and sell them to every one who wants a tenor guitar now. Instead of continuing to sell dozens a year afterwards. Let's face it the tenor guitar community is rather small compared to the 6 string market.

They could be using this series as a barometer for future sales. None of my business really I'm just happy I got the guitar. I was diligent, cultivated my options and we'll see what the future holds.

Heck, I just wanted to post some pictures and be proud of my new guitar. Now I'm hypothesizing Fender corporate policies. They should pay me as a spokesman.

Huck

13. The following members say thank you to Huck for this post:

Sounds great.

Congrats on snagging one. Looks beautiful and I am glad it sounds great.

ZZ

... I still want one...

I hope it's a huge success and they do more.

Since it's listed as one of their standard Telecaster offerings, and is no longer referenced as part of the alternate reality series, is it possible they plan on keeping it around? Not sure the quantity of the first run, but selling out that quickly has gotta be saying something to somebody.

- ---==< V >==--- -

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verne Andru For This Useful Post:

It may help if folks went to the Fender Telecaster web page and clicked the "notify me when available" box. Listing the Tenor Tele with the Telecasters might be a good sign from our friends at Fender.
    Last edited by dan in va; Dec-09-2019 at 7:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dan in va View Post
    It may help if folks went to the Fender Telecaster web page and clicked the "notify me when available" box. Listing the Tenor Tele with the Telecasters might be a good sign from our friends at Fender.
    Good idea Dan! That's how I received the email mentioned in #2 above. I know you really want one. Good luck to you.

I'm so tempted to say, Take my money, already, but I already bought a parlor guitar, two mandolins and two octave mandolins this month... maybe next month

Anyone in Europe/UK seen one? They are listed on Thomann, and Guitar Guitar have had my deposit since August …. but no sign of any yet???

I ordered from Thomann months ago, for an August delivery, it was then updated to November and then they sent me an email that it’s delayed until mid February next year! Very frustrating but hopefully worth it...

23. The following members say thank you to Smurts for this post:

Thanks! I suppose it's not that far away now ….

Quote Originally Posted by Smurts View Post
    I ordered from Thomann months ago, for an August delivery, it was then updated to November and then they sent me an email that it’s delayed until mid February next year! Very frustrating but hopefully worth it...
    I have a pre-order with Sweetwater Sound for the Lake Placid Blue. Originally told beginning of August, then mid September, then mid October, then beginning of November switched to mid November, then beginning of December. Still waiting. I'd say we are closer to mid December now. Not Sweetwater's fault - they have been great with communicating with me. Obviously the supplying of guitars from Fender has been discussed enough so I wait patiently.

I ordered the Butterscotch Blonde from Chicago Music Exchange at the end of July - original estimated delivery date was mid September.

I hope you and Kevin both get your guitars by mid February. I am quite happy with the Butterscotch Blonde. Great feel and sound. It is my first "real" electric tenor guitar so I don't have anything to judge it on. Squire Mini conversions prior. I couldn't be happier with the quality. Chicago Music Exchange did a good job before sending it out.

Cheers,
    Huck

26. The following members say thank you to Huck for this post:

Fender emailed me today to say they're back in stock, so i touched the trigger. Would've rather given a store the business but nobody i contacted was interested. i hope it's a nice one. Thanks to all y'all who posted video and info. Even tho joining the Cafe was free, i knew it was going to be expensive down the road.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan in va For This Useful Post:

There's one on Reverb. I have nothing to do with the sale, nor do I know anything about it. Just figured I"d mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by dan in va View Post
    Fender emailed me today to say they're back in stock, so i touched the trigger. Would've rather given a store the business but nobody i contacted was interested. i hope it's a nice one. Thanks to all y'all who posted video and info. Even tho joining the Cafe was free, i knew it was going to be expensive down the road.
    Glad to hear Dan. Did Fender say when you can expect it?

Hi Huck. The FedEx info says Thursday the 19th but also says the only thing done was the shipping order. It would be nice if their tracking system was more up to date...or maybe it is what it is. I like to see some wood grain, so butterscotch is the closest thing they had to my favorite mid-50's blonde with white PG. I hope it's a good'un. Thanks for asking -- how's yours doing?

32. The following members say thank you to dan in va for this post:

Gunnar