Thread: Help Finding Song

Default Help Finding Song

Someone played a song on here and it was really a fine tune. It was called something Hall. Does anyone know the name of it? Thanks

Default Re: Help Finding Song

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedotom View Post
    It was called something Hall. Does anyone know the name of it?
    Any chance it might have been "Father's Hall"? I found a couple of MandolinCafe posts about that tune, with recordings posted by Chuck Naill in 2010, here and here.

I don't know if that's the tune you were looking for, but if so, here are some additional resources:

This seems to be the composer's version:

(or direct link)

Some quick mandolin tab and sheet music links found at various places online:

1. Mandolin TAB for TablEdit, from the MandolinCafe TablEdit Library. To view or playback the file, requires either the TablEdit app or the TefView app.

2. Online sheet music and mandolin tab, scrolling playback at the MuseScore website, it works in the browser, no need to install anything.

3. Mandolin tab from the MandolinCafe Mandolin Tablature Library. Regular plain ol' ASCII tab, not the easiest thing to read and there is no playback option, but again you don't have to install anything extra and it should be viewable in any browser or text editor.

*** EDITED TO ADD ***
    Oops, I just noticed there are more tabs and versions included in the already-linked-to 2010 thread, I hadn't noticed there were more posts in that thread! My bad. Not the first time I've become easily confused lol...

Misc observation - a couple of bars in the B-part of that tune remind me of something else, one of the old modal fiddle tunes, maybe Cold Frosty Morning or something similar.

Anyway, nice tune, although I have no clue if that's actually the tune you were looking for...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess L. For This Useful Post:

That's it. Thank you very much.

5. The following members say thank you to Torpedotom for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedotom View Post
    That's it. Thank you very much.
    Glad that's the one!