Thread: Bobelock Arrow Mandolin Case

Default Bobelock Arrow Mandolin Case

The offer I made for a brand new Bobelock Arrow Mandolin Case in black exterior and wine colored interior was accepted. Got the case for a great price, but I read in a thread on the Cafe Forum where a fellow member had the same case and he had the misfortune of the dye from the fabric staining his mandolin.

Has anyone else had the same experience with the fabric dye staining their mandolin?

Default Re: Bobelock Arrow Mandolin Case

I must say I haven't heard this before. I just checked mine which has a white exterior and a blue interior, and I can't say I notice any staining on a mandolin that I've had sitting in the case for about a year and has a non-burst back. Same for the other mandolin that was in the case prior. I got the case used from another cafe member a couple years ago so I don't know how old mine is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clement Barrera-Ng View Post
    I must say I haven't heard this before. I just checked mine which has a white exterior and a blue interior, and I can't say I notice any staining on a mandolin that I've had sitting in the case for about a year and has a non-burst back. Same for the other mandolin that was in the case prior. I got the case used from another cafe member a couple years ago so I don't know how old mine is.
    Thank you for the information. The case has not been shipped yet so I will probably see if the seller will let me get the white exterior/blue interior case instead of the black/wine. I really like the black/wine color combination, but this is the same color that the Cafe member said the fabric dye stained his mandolin.

I hope you like the case. I really like mine, and it actually fits an A5 I have quite nicely while other cases did not work. The only thing I wish it was different with the case is the two latches on it. It's not difficult to close the latches without fully closing the lid, so I just have to double check that the lid is indeed fully closed and latched each time before picking the case up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clement Barrera-Ng View Post
    I hope you like the case. I really like mine, and it actually fits an A5 I have quite nicely while other cases did not work. The only thing I wish it was different with the case is the two latches on it. It's not difficult to close the latches without fully closing the lid, so I just have to double check that the lid is indeed fully closed and latched each time before picking the case up.
    Yes sir thank you for letting me know that. I will make sure that I check the lid on my Bobelock case too.

I've been using Bobelock Arrow cases for years and have never seen dye transfer to a mandolin finish. Perhaps the problem was with a specific dye color(?).

Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    I've been using Bobelock Arrow cases for years and have never seen dye transfer to a mandolin finish. Perhaps the problem was with a specific dye color(?).
    John thank you that's great news! Have you owned the black exterior red wine interior Bobelock Arrow Case?

My worry of the dye staining the mandolin is based off a thread from two years ago. I am including the comment below from that thread.

Default Re: Bobelock arrow case
    I had one in the past. I liked it pretty well for the protect, and design.
    One caution: I would recommend NOT getting one with the maroon interior.
    Over time the maroon dye bled onto the mandolin. Not good.
    I contacted the seller and was told it was out of the warranty period. Frustrating.
    Otherwise. I liked it.

I have the black/wine and probably bought it about two years ago. No dye transfer.

I wonder if the person who had the problem with it had either gotten the lining wet, or lived in an extremely humid climate. Sounds like he/she had the case for some time.

9. The following members say thank you to Louise NM for this post:

DougC 

Quote Originally Posted by DannoMando View Post
    John thank you that's great news! Have you owned the black exterior red wine interior Bobelock Arrow Case?...
    I have not. I always get whatever lighter color is available when I order cases so that they don't heat up as much in the sun. Interestingly, my ivory colored case has a black case cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise NM View Post
    I have the black/wine and probably bought it about two years ago. No dye transfer.

I wonder if the person who had the problem with it had either gotten the lining wet, or lived in an extremely humid climate. Sounds like he/she had the case for some time.

Very good questions!

I have used Bobelocks and never had a problem. I have had a black/red combination in the past (it is gone now with a mandolin that was traded) but had no issues with it while in my several year possession.
    Make America Grateful Again!

2013 Collings MF, 2017 Northfield NF2S, 2019 Northfield Big Mon F
    1968 Martin D12-20, 2008 Martin HD28, 2022 Martin CEO 7
    1978 Ibanez Artist "Flying Eagle" Masterclone Banjo