Thread: Octave Mandolin in Australia - struggling to find up to date info

Default Octave Mandolin in Australia - struggling to find up to date info

I'm currently in the market for an octave mandolin (non-pono style). I have an Ashbury mandolin which I purchased in Ireland about 10 years ago now and was hoping to pick up one of those if possible. However there doesn't seem to be any around and looking at their site the page that shows dealers is broken.

Any recommendations on where to get an octave mando in Australia? My price range is less than 1k at the moment but if none available will save for a better quality one.

Cheers!

Default Re: Octave Mandolin in Australia - struggling to find up to date

Yes, the Ashburyguitars dealer page is down. Amazon can usually deliver all over Europe, but I’ve just checked, not to Australia.
    Pretty bad news really because the best ones are made in Vietnam. Still a long way from Australia of course, but...

Is that 1k Australian? You should be able to afford a nice one for that.

Mate, I'm planning a trip to Vietnam in January. Do you know where I'd be able to pick one over there ?

There are a couple of places in Australia with octave mandolins for sale. The Guitar Gallery in Johnston Street, Fitzroy (Victoria) have an Eastman MD 305 for $1,195 or the Gladesville Guitar Factory in Sydney have the same Eastman for $995. The Gladesville site also has a Gold Tone octave for $1,399. All prices are Australian Dollars.
    I have no financial interest in any of these by the way. Depends where you are located in Oz I suppose but I think both places would post.
    Cheers.

Mandolin tragic Graham McDonald's Avatar

There are several of us who make such things to order in Australia, but in a higher price bracket

6. The following members say thank you to Graham McDonald for this post: