Thread: Andy Tobin Prototype bouzouki

Default Andy Tobin Prototype bouzouki

Well I received a very surprising email last week. It was from Andy Tobin that great UK luthier who makes stunning bouzoukis. I have one of them!!! Anyway myself and Andy have regularly corresponded over the years, mainly about bouzoukis but often about our dogs as well!! This aint a dogs forum so we'll leave that for another day. Anyway, Andy wanted me to test drive a prototype bouzouki he had just completed. Needless to say I was honoured to do so and it duly arrived in my house last Friday. It looks exactly the same as his normal design but there's lots different going on in parts you cant see. Kind of a trade secret at the moment!! Whats it like, Absolutely awesome!!! I have a Tobin Large Body which is a great zouk and used to have a Tobin Standard which was also great but I sold that one to our good friend Seanie. The prototype is andys standard model size. It just jumps out of the case at ya. It has great volume, sustain that goes on and on. Plays great up the neck plus with a capo. doesnt lose its responsiveness at7th fret which some zouks do, is punchy, so punchy it might knock you out!! I absolutely love it. Its going to be played by a lot of guys here in Dublin and then in about 3 weeks is going down to County Clare to the total bouzouki nerd Seanie McGrath. This will be a great session zouk. you wont have any trouble being heard, trust me. Oh and one more thing. I'm going to buy it!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tobin zouk.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	180814

Default Re: Andy Tobin Prototype bouzouki

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBB 8 LR.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	927.5 KB 
ID:	180815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBB 8 LR.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	927.5 KB 
ID:	180815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBB 10 LR.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	894.0 KB 
ID:	180816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBB 12 LR.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	180817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBB 7 LR.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	744.0 KB 
ID:	180818

3. The following members say thank you to Reinhardt for this post: