Thread: What a day!

Registered User mandolin breeze's Avatar

Default What a day!

Woke up on my birthday this morning to a beautiful Sunday morning - "Bells are ringing everywhere". Took our customary walk with Sadie the most perfect little pal anyone could have. Came home to learn that Sweet Justice was delivered to the world this morning. And it looks like Tiger is going to tie Snead . . . dang it's getting better and better. As I count my many blessing and marvel at my life, my family, my friends, my good fortune I just shake my head and wipe a tear. Music, a precious gift from God, has been a constant through my life. Two real bed rock influences have directed my path. First the Allman Brothers and Duane's other world gifts, then and more to our community - the great and powerful Dawg, Mr. Grisman. I simply can not now imagine a world without his music. I'm so very thankful to my friend Jem who turned me on back in 1982 . . . it's been my musical guiding light ever since. Thank you David, thank you, thank you. I'd like to share my little take at "Hannah & Rio", the sweet little reflective tune that obviously is telling a story - one that we can insert ourselves into so easily. So to all my friends who share and interact here on the Cafe' thank you for making my life richer. Dawg-gone-it, it's a good day!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C11933F0-45D2-4EAC-8BFB-42C6472C5ABD.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	180796

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hannah & Rio  -  D. Grisman Sextet.pdf 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	180797

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandolin breeze For This Useful Post:

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What a day!

I think you so eloquently put into words what many feel. Perhaps with different influences. For me Jerry Lee Lewis, Gram Parsons, Levon Helm, Hank Williams, Peter Ostroushko, and oh my, where do I stop?
    Thank you
    Last edited by Pittsburgh Bill; Oct-27-2019 at 1:03pm.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

4. The following members say thank you to Pittsburgh Bill for this post:

Default Re: What a day!

Happy Birthday!
    Follow the Flatt Stanley Incident on Facebook

Listen to original tune "When You Fly" by my old band The Kindreds