Thread: Carter’s vintage guitars.

Default Carter’s vintage guitars.

Hi. I recently went to Tennessee on a family trip so my first stop was Carter’s!! Oh my!!! The coolest best guitar shop I have ever seen!!! They have hundreds of fine instruments including 3 Loars and many pre war Martin D28 guitars. I was overwhelmed. Really. The nice man said I could play what I wanted but did not ask to play the real experience stuff. But! Here are the mandolins I did play.....Apitius F5. Amazing tone . Pava F type, Givens A. It was very plain but had just about the best tone of all. Duff A , very good , Kimball F type , nice. Gibson F 5 , good tone. New Collings A, just amazing across all strings. Brand new Weber Fern was terrific. Really. 1968 Gibson F5. Just okay. But the best???? It was a Duff F5. Amazing punch and bottom end. Most mandolins I played were very good. I would be happy with most of them. Action and strings were fine on the ones I played. I was there when the store opened so no noise. My Wife is a saint while I took an hour . Store guys were very nice . Would get a mandolin down and leave me alone. Store carried every kind of guitar and mandolin. Plus they had a repair shop. Guitars were amazing. They had the second D18 ever made !!! The shop was filled with stuff like that. Anyway, that’s my Nashville story. Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ntriesch For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Carter’s vintage guitars.

Sorry pictures are sideways. Thought I did it right.

Which Duff F5? They have several there. Don't see a Duff A5 on their site. Is it a new or used one?
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

I did not write down serial numbers because I only had so much time. Maybe not everything is on their site. It looked like they had a few thousand instruments. I just wanted to say what an incredible store this was. I have never seen so many mandolins. Or guitars.

Was there 3 weeks ago and mandolin heaven. Christie is awesome and so is the mando tasting! Not pretentious just great people.
    It's not an addiction... It's an investment.
    Gil #794
    Preston Thompson 2-15
    Martin D-18VS

Their attitude was welcoming. Just come in and play. Look. Have fun. How often do you see a 1937 00028 ? Or 3 Loar mandolins?? Plus every new high end guitar. Single story shop in downtown Nashville. Drove by Two old hippies but did not stop because well, I went to Carter’s!!!!

Went there before I went to Monroe Camp. Like a kid in a candy store. Amazing place. I did buy a T shirt.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

My Wife bought me a hat.

I think the only way I could go there would be to have $7000 in my pocket.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Or a Visa!!! Where else on earth can you try 60 high end mandolins??? Or more. And if you are a guitar player, they have the best in the world new and vintage. Hundreds!!