Thread: HOUSTON Jams

Default HOUSTON Jams

Back in HOUSTON for work and looking for jams. Any information will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Don

Default Re: HOUSTON Jams

Every Wednesday at Buffalo Grille on Bissonnet. https://www.facebook.com/The-Buffalo...4767213646437/

3. The following members say thank you to Mark Seale for this post:

Don: Do you have any preference for style of music?
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Jim - Pretty much a traditional guy. I love good harmonies.

I have friends in Houston who mostly play Irish music. I told them about this thread.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

I wondered where the Hickory Hollow jam relocated to. Eric at Fuller's said they were continuing it at the new HH location, but I never attempted to track it down. I'm usually good for a few fiddle tunes if anyone wants to look me up, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dodson View Post
    I wondered where the Hickory Hollow jam relocated to. Eric at Fuller's said they were continuing it at the new HH location, but I never attempted to track it down. I'm usually good for a few fiddle tunes if anyone wants to look me up, btw.
    Per the Hickory Hollow website, there are now Wednesday jams at their Fallbrook location. Has anyone been to it? Any comments on it vs the Buffalo Grille Wed jam? I'll probably head out to one tonight.

So did you make it out? Interesting to hear that the HH jam started back up. If I weren’t heading to Nashville early Thursday for SPGMA I would check that one out.
    Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by dpippins View Post
    So did you make it out? Interesting to hear that the HH jam started back up. If I weren’t heading to Nashville early Thursday for SPGMA I would check that one out.
    Thanks for the post

I checked out the Buffalo Grille jam. There were a couple guitarist, a banjo, and a bass. I had a fussy baby with me, so couldn't stay long. From what I heard, it was more gospel oriented. The repertoire is not exactly what I'm looking for, more interested in fiddle tunes with some bluegrass. The players sounded really good.

I plan to check out the north HH jam this week. Have fun in Nashville!