Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubner tuners are back

Default Rubner tuners are back

After awhile of not having Rubners available they’re back! My only complaint is that they’re not on every mandolin I’ve ever made. Drop what you’re doing and order a set. Let’s make sure they stay in business for a good long time. Best tuners, especially for the price, I’ve EVER used!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to testore For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Rubner tuners are back

I've said this a lot. Most people's response is to say... "Oh yeah, cool. Of course you mean, EXCEPT for Waverly's?"

Nope, not what I meant.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty Jacobson For This Useful Post:

I love mine, that's for sure. If (OK. . .when) I order another custom build, Rubners will be specified. No doubt about that.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

That's great news.
    "Can I have a little more talent in the monitors please?"

I can only find one set of mandolin tuners that shows as in stock on their website and that's for a set of A style tuners for a slotted headstock. Is there a new site or someplace else someone could order them?
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

The F worm under are not out yet...
    " Practice every time you get a chance." - Bill Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post
    I can only find one set of mandolin tuners that shows as in stock on their website and that's for a set of A style tuners for a slotted headstock. Is there a new site or someplace else someone could order them?
    https://www.rubnertuners.com/hauser-...lin%20Machines

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by testore View Post
    After awhile of not having Rubners available they’re back! My only complaint is that they’re not on every mandolin I’ve ever made. Drop what you’re doing and order a set. Let’s make sure they stay in business for a good long time. Best tuners, especially for the price, I’ve EVER used!
    A couple years ago I put a set on the mando you made for me. So you can stop worrying about that one.

Daniel

Agree with the sentiment here. Rubner tuners are well made, look good & work great.

My luthier wants to replace the tuners on my F-style with Rubners. They seem to be back in production for A-style, but last I heard it will be about the end of the year before Fs are available.

I'd buy a set today but the spacing isn't correct for my '21 A2. Close, but not close enough to drop in the existing holes and even though I'm fairly handy I'm not interested in retrofitting . . .

If I were a builder I'd be interested.
    Clark Beavans

Quote Originally Posted by testore View Post
    Not quite !! F Luxury tuners are not available and latest word not until after Christmas ! They( new style) were suppose to be available in November 2018, then summer 2019, then September 2019 and now after Christmas 2020 ! Wouldn't hold your breath !

Yay!

Boo!

In the meantime Waverly's are only $579.22 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by V70416 View Post
    Yay!

Boo!

In the meantime Waverly's are only $579.22 or so.
    This is the reason I'm waiting on Rubner's !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post
    Thanks for that link! Those are beautiful mandolin tuners for a very reasonable price -- and the shipping is very reasonable too! I was about to order a set for an A-style mandolin but notice that the dimensions for the mandolin tuners are not on the page. But they are for the guitar tuners.

But I ordered a set anyway!
    Last edited by Bernie Daniel; Oct-05-2019 at 8:13pm.
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

I bought a set of the Rubner A style mandolin tuners for a Collings MT that had terrible Golden Age tuners on it. The Rubners were so much better than the Golden Age tuners. I'm thinking I might buy another set to have on hand for a future mandolin!

Quote Originally Posted by stevojack665 View Post
    I bought a set of the Rubner A style mandolin tuners for a Collings MT that had terrible Golden Age tuners on it. The Rubners were so much better than the Golden Age tuners. I'm thinking I might buy another set to have on hand for a future mandolin!
    I had the GA tuners on my MT as well. Absolutely awful. Was sent a replacent set that was awful. Collings are great folks and sent me a set of Gotohs that were much, much better, but still one of the tuners stinks. (Why does there always have to be one that stinks?) I’m planning on a set of Rubners one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I had the GA tuners on my MT as well. Absolutely awful. Was sent a replacent set that was awful. Collings are great folks and sent me a set of Gotohs that were much, much better, but still one of the tuners stinks. (Why does there always have to be one that stinks?) I’m planning on a set of Rubners one of these days.
    Waiting on Rubner F Luxury tuners and hopefully by January !

21. The following members say thank you to yankees1 for this post:

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

Looking at the Rubner page. The worm-under F style tuners are not yet available, and I see nothing about worm-over tuners. Is this accurate?

Much as I am surprised by how much I am loving my Eastman 515, the Pingwell tuners underwhelm me. The builder recommendations on this thread have caught my attention.
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

Make sure the post spacing on the Pingwell's match the Rubner's. This pronouncement, in my mind, was a little premature. Rubner might be manufacturing again but it appears there is a very limited inventory of mandolin tuners available and some of those aren't even listed under mandolin tuners. The worm over product listing is here although it's sold out. Hopefully they'll have the full line available soon.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

The Rubner F Style new RMp design is close!

Thank you for your continued interest. This is Kent from Rubner Tuners USA. I will try and explain the current situation with making it sound like a promotion.
    I have been working with Rubner in Markneukirchen Germany, to design a F style traditional worm under mandolin tuning machine that has precision gearing, smooth operation and nice looking plate options. The goal is to obtain all of these with affordable pricing.
    The mechanic designs are done, and I have working prototypes.

The product line should have been available by now, but a plant fire in February set everything back. The main component to manufacturing, CNC machines, were the biggest victims in this fire. They all needed replacement. Now everything is up and running, and the remainder of the delay is with plate engraving designs.
    I hope to soon make an announcement here about the new RMp F style line.
    My apologies to the many who thought they would be available by now.
    Kent

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KentG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post
    Make sure the post spacing on the Pingwell's match the Rubner's. This pronouncement, in my mind, was a little premature. Rubner might be manufacturing again but it appears there is a very limited inventory of mandolin tuners available and some of those aren't even listed under mandolin tuners. The worm over product listing is here although it's sold out. Hopefully they'll have the full line available soon.
    I just dropped in a set of Rubners to replace the Ping tuners on an Eastman octave mandolin. Perfect fit, I didn't swap out the bushings because I know the Eastmans are pressed in pretty tight and risk of splintering the headstock veneer is very high. I did have to counterbore the back side of the hole to allow for the base of the Rubner shaft to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by KentG View Post
    The Rubner F Style new RMp design is close!

Thank you for your continued interest. This is Kent from Rubner Tuners USA. I will try and explain the current situation with making it sound like a promotion.
    I have been working with Rubner in Markneukirchen Germany, to design a F style traditional worm under mandolin tuning machine that has precision gearing, smooth operation and nice looking plate options. The goal is to obtain all of these with affordable pricing.
    The mechanic designs are done, and I have working prototypes.

The product line should have been available by now, but a plant fire in February set everything back. The main component to manufacturing, CNC machines, were the biggest victims in this fire. They all needed replacement. Now everything is up and running, and the remainder of the delay is with plate engraving designs.
    I hope to soon make an announcement here about the new RMp F style line.
    My apologies to the many who thought they would be available by now.
    Kent
    Rubner's are the only item holding up my new Girouard F4 to be completed ! Patience is a virtue !

Can't wait for the F style to be available. Planned on using them on my last 2 mandolin builds, but there was always delay.

I've found tuners and cases to be a source of frustration in mandolin building. Either they are out of stock, or too expensive. Used 3 sets of Rubner F style in the past and really liked them. Planned on using them exclusively, and they were not available anymore.

29. The following members say thank you to sliebers for this post:

I plan to use Rubner tuners when they become available for my F style.....sure hope that's soon.
    "Can I have a little more talent in the monitors please?"

31. The following members say thank you to Kevin K for this post: