Thread: Hamilton Stands

Default Hamilton Stands

There was a thread recently regarding mandolin stands. I read it with interest as I had my first gig where I played some mandolin. Well I procrastinated long enough that I had to buy local, so went to my favorite store and was shown a small stand like I had seen in the thread before. I commented it seemed to me not stable enough for playing out. I had not said that before. The guy said I should get a Hamilton stand. I asked if they made them small enough for mandolins. He grabbed a mandolin, lowered the height adjustment on one of their floor stands and sure enough, by design or otherwise, the mandolin was resting on the rubber cross bar.

So a regular Hamilton will work for a bass guitar down to a mandolin with ease. Funny, I never thought to try on the one I have at home. I've always been a fan of stands that hold the headstock and not cradle the base. Much more secure to me. Expensive but worth it.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

formerly Philphool Phil Goodson's Avatar

Default Re: Hamilton Stands

I've been using 3 of those for over 30 years and very satisfied.
    Phil

“Sharps/Flats” “Accidentals”

I use the Hurcules guitar stand. Hangs from the headstock, heavy duty and works for a mandolin too.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

still Lefty & French Philippe Bony's Avatar

I'm using the Hercules too.

Quote Originally Posted by Philphool View Post
    I've been using 3 of those for over 30 years and very satisfied.
    Same here, since the mid 90's. Never had a better stand, and still the original that I bought at the time and the padding is still perfect. I like the fact that it is all steel - nothing really to break.

Hamiltons are heavy duty.

I have three and loaned one out about a decade ago.

I'm amused at myself for not even considering I could try it. Live and learn. Gryphon uses these for their floor level stands. I bought their gated wall hangers years ago too.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I have used one for over 25yrs, the best in my opinion. In fact, I bought it at Gryphon too. Seems to work the best for me. Handles guitars, banjo’s and mandolins.