Thread: Evansville area jams?

Default Evansville area jams?

I’m new to mandolin (playing about a month) but have been playing bass for a over a decade. Long story short, does anybody know of any jams in the Evansville, IN area? Looking to play/learn with others, but haven’t had any luck finding anything.

Default Re: Evansville area jams?

Johnnymac511 there is a jam nearby at Boonville, IN -3rd Thursday of the month at The Gathering Place. The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame in Owensboro, KY has one the 1st Thursday of the month at 6pm. There is one, I believe the *2nd Friday of the month at Rough River Lodge at the Falls of Rough, KY. Every year during the 3rd weekend in March, Thurs-Sunday, at the Holiday Inn Riverfront in Owensboro, KY there is a BIG hotel jam called KY Fried Pickin'-it's always FREE.

I hope this helps you out.

3. The following members say thank you to bassgal10 for this post:

Bean Blossom, IN has a festival and other events throughout the year. Check their web site. Flora, Il has a jam this weekend in the city park. I'm thinking it Thursday Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric "Trapper" G View Post
    Bean Blossom, IN has a festival and other events throughout the year. Check their web site. Flora, Il has a jam this weekend in the city park. I'm thinking it Thursday Friday and Saturday.
    “Trapper” is right there are always great jams with the folks around Bean Blossom. Last weekend was Uncle Pen Days. This weekend in KY is Vine Grove Festival. There will be a lot of jamming there as well.

It’s not jamming, but tomorrow- Thursday the 28th there will be a free bluegrass show 5pm at the Reitz Home Museum in Evansville.

Thanks guys! Bean Blossom and Flora are a bit of a drive for a regular jam, but will definitely check them out for special day trips. I had seen things for the Boonville jam, but it was several years old, didn’t know if it was still going on. Glad to hear it’s still pickin and grinning. Owensboro would be about as far as I’d want to venture for just a regular jam night (~ an hour drive), will look into that one as well. Was hoping for one in Evansville, but they’re either very secretive about them, or I’m just not in with the right circle yet. 😅

Across the Ohio River in Henderson, the second weekend in August every year, is Bluegrass in the Park Folklife Festival. You can sometimes catch some jamming afterwords.