Thread: Rhonda Vincent among celebs used by scammers

Default Rhonda Vincent among celebs used by scammers

Unbelievable the depths to which people sink in order to make a quick buck. This made me sad and mad.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/nat...ike/1124984005
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

Default Re: Rhonda Vincent among celebs used by scammers

Disgusting!

Default Re: Rhonda Vincent among celebs used by scammers

I went to a Cyber Security Conference/CLE on Tuesday. The sophistication and tech that hackers use blows the mind. Frankly, if people knew the real threat of online activity it would chill people's use of the internet. That's why, in my opinion, the media shows only the most obvious scams we're unlikely to be victims of and it never scratches the surface of the real threats we're likely to fall prey to.

Real threats? They create fake networks disguised as secure networks but then steal all of your data once you logon. They funnel you to false websites that look and behave exactly like the secure website you think you are visiting, such as your bank's, but these disguised sites track and save usernames and passwords and then drain your accounts. Oh, and those public charging stations? Well, they're altered to download all of your data while you're charging your device and do so without your knowledge.