Thread: Sustain pedal for 200$ !!!

Default Sustain pedal for 200$ !!!

I am looking on Amazon to buy a good keyboard sustain pedal to replace one that is dead after more than 10 years of usage.
    A good one is about 30$. Cheaper ones range from 12$ to 20$. There are a few listed for more than 100$ and one for 199.90$. Are these really worth the price ? These high priced have no reviews at all. Are they real ?

Default Re: Sustain pedal for 200$ !!!

Right out of the gate, there are two simple options for how a sustain pedal works: sustain when the switch is closed, or sustain when the switch is open. Those can be the least expensive pedals.

Some pedals have a switch to change between those two options, freeing the user from having to do research, or allowing the pedal to be used one both kinds of keyboards if the person owns both.

Some keyboards have further options, like half-pedaling. My Korg supports half-pedaling.

In addition to basic functionality, pedals can vary in aesthetics. Some inexpensive pedals can just be a flat square. Some mimic the look and feel of a genuine piano pedal.

I went looking and saw that the more expensive pedals on Mazon were either from Kawai instruments, or had more sensors built, like the one for the Nord. Unless yor keyboard can respond to the extra data, such a pedal would just be overkill for you.

Default Re: Sustain pedal for 200$ !!!

You looking at Electric Guitar Sustain pedals, instead ?
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture