• O'Connell's Trip to Parliament ~ Irish reel

4 30.77%
  • Bull at the Wagon ~ Old Time

2 15.38%
  • Pays de Haut /Reel de Gaspe ~ French Canadian set

7 53.85%

Thread: Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #507

Default Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #507

This poll is for the Song A Week Social Group Week #507.

One vote per member of the social group. Please feel free to link to videos of these tunes, as a reply to this discussion, to help others decide!

If you are a regular member, you know that our polls have been weekly polls, for years, but that over the last few months I've been experimenting with changing that. Our poll will be a biweekly poll. Hopefully, that interval will be enough to keep your interest, and also give you enough time to learn it. I am going to be camping on October 11, so I am extending this poll, and will announce the winner on Friday, October 18, in the Song A Week Social Group forum.

If you are not yet a member, there's a link at the bottom of this post that will take you there! Please join us over there!

If you ARE a member already, and one who participates in these polls, I am in need of new tune suggestions! I depend on you all to help me keep this list populated! It's OK to suggest tunes that are already here as 'other tunes', but I'd appreciate it, if when you send me your suggestions, you do a quick check of our 'official tunes' to make sure we don't have a duplicate! You can make the suggestions in the discussion in the social group, called Poll Tune Suggestions. It also helps me if you can include the genre along with the title. I try to populate our polls with a variety of tunes, but our list is in serious need of some Bluegrass tunes, and more Old time! If you can also link to notation or a video along with your suggestion, that would be a great help! I'm depending on you members to keep this group alive!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #507

Pays de Haut ("Pay de Ho") is pretty cool, too, but I voted for O'Connell's.

https://www.mandolessons.com/lessons.../pays-de-haut/
    '20 Ellis A5 Tradition, '09 Gilchrist Model 1, “July 9” Red Diamond F-5, '12 Duff F-5, '19 Collings MT2, ’24 A2-Z, ’24 F-2, '13 Collings mandola, '82 D-35, Gibson Keb Mo. http://www.bucktownrevue.com

Blog Entries

'20 Ellis A5 Tradition, '09 Gilchrist Model 1, “July 9” Red Diamond F-5, '12 Duff F-5, '19 Collings MT2, ’24 A2-Z, ’24 F-2, '13 Collings mandola, '82 D-35, Gibson Keb Mo. http://www.bucktownrevue.com

This is the version I learned from Baron Collins-Hill.
    Michael A. Harris
    the dulcILLINI
    Collings MF5 Mandolin
    Collings MT2 Mandola
    McSpadden Custom Mountain Dulcimer
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Travel Guitar
    "Home is the place we grow up wanting to leave and die trying to get back to." Nash