Thread: Bocolo Bouzouki. Has anyone heard of this brand of bouzouki?

Default Bocolo Bouzouki. Has anyone heard of this brand of bouzouki?

Hi, I am new to this site and find the info just fascinating on the many conversations about bouzouki, mandolins, etc.. I am not familiar with any kinds/styles of bouzouki or mandolins, but I posted something a few days ago under the equipment heading and it was identified as a bouzouki, and it was also suggested that I ask the community under this heading for info about a Bocolo bouzouki.
    Assuming that this instrument is a bouzouki, is anyone familiar with or know where I can find info on or about this Bocolo bouzouki? I am also interested in knowing how to value it too.
    This was given to me by my uncle when he passed away. He lived in South Carolina and loved playing (and I know he liked Blue Grass best).
    It has just been displayed in my home as a decoration for almost 2 years and I now think someone needs to enjoy using and playing this instrument. Any suggestions on how to find info? (one of my uncles' friends offered me $50 to take it off my hands, but I declined).
    If anyone recognizes this type of Bocolo bouzouki or has suggestions on where to find additional info on the model and value, please let me know so I can ultimately find a better home with someone who will enjoy playing it?
    See pictures below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	179793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	179794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	115.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	179795  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	106.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	179796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	179797  

Default Re: Bocolo Bouzouki. Has anyone heard of this brand of bouzouki?

That looks quite like a Greek-style bouzouki I owned in the 1980's that was made in Italy. The break on the top is not typical for Greek made bouzoukis. If the action is good it should be worth at least 200 dollars.

You could contact Pavlos at Bouzouki World:

CALL 408-799-7385 EMAIL: pavlos120@gmail.com

Default Re: Bocolo Bouzouki. Has anyone heard of this brand of bouzouki?

Thank you David Kos for the info about this bouzouki. I will continue the research, thanks to your help.

4. The following members say thank you to Ern for this post: