Thread: Muth Mandolins and transaction payments

Default Muth Mandolins and transaction payments

Hi, all.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased from Larry Muth of Muth Mandolins in Regina, Saskatchewan before, and if so what payment method of company was used to make the purchase? I have been emailing with someone claiming to be him, but when we got to the point of discussing payments for the product I was ordering he indicated that he wanted a Western Union wire transfer to an off-shore agent in Turkey. This seems very odd to me, and I was wondering if any previous Muth patrons can confirm for me what payment tool they used to finalize their transactions with him, and if they had any issues at all? Call me paranoid, but I am concerned I am not actually talking to the real and legitimate Larry Muth. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Default Re: Muth Mandolins and transaction payments

You don't need any confirmation, this is a scam, and 100% not involving the builder in question. Someone is impersonating him. Look him up in the builders database and give him a call, no doubt the real Larry would be happy to have your business!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post
    You don't need any confirmation, this is a scam, and 100% not involving the builder in question. Someone is impersonating him. Look him up in the builders database and give him a call, no doubt the real Larry would be happy to have your business!
    Thanks, Marty. I figured this was the case, but thought I’d reach out to the community for confirmation of my suspicions. Based on everything I had heard about Larry I didn’t think he’d be conducting business like that.

Cheers.

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

Larry's built two mandolins for me. We'd talk on the phone and swap emails. I'd try going through his web page. What you describe sounds like it's a scam.

f-d
    ˇpapá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A

Unless the person in question is a Nigerian Prince, I would refrain from paying with Western Union. No legit seller would do this

6. The following members say thank you to DaveGinNJ for this post: