Thread: For All Of You On The Southeast US Coast

Front Porch & Sweet Tea NursingDaBlues's Avatar

Default For All Of You On The Southeast US Coast

I hope and pray for your and your loved ones’ safety. Please let us know how you are doing as you are able.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NursingDaBlues For This Useful Post:

Default Re: For All Of You On The Southeast US Coast

In the Bahamas it missed Andros Island by a good 100 miles, but the devastation in Marsh Harbor and Freeport defies description.
    Northfield F2S
    Howard Morris A-4
    Eastman DGM3 Mandola
    Eastman MD805PGE
    Miscellaneous tingums

Quote Originally Posted by John Lloyd View Post
    In the Bahamas it missed Andros Island by a good 100 miles, but the devastation in Marsh Harbor and Freeport defies description.
    After seeing images of the storm’s destruction in the Bahamas, I’m at a loss for words. I hope you continue to be safe, John. While I am unable to physically lend a hand, my prayers continue for all as the long process of healing and reassembling their lives begins.

5. The following members say thank you to NursingDaBlues for this post:

Thank you, NDB.

The US Coast Guard have descended in force and are now conducting constant SAR missions. As a fuller picture emerges it's unlikely to get any prettier. This was apocalyptic. Those of us who were spared the worst are doing everything we can to help those who were hit hardest.
    Northfield F2S
    Howard Morris A-4
    Eastman DGM3 Mandola
    Eastman MD805PGE
    Miscellaneous tingums

7. The following members say thank you to John Lloyd for this post:

So good to get your post, John! And, as always, thanks to the Coast Guard for being there!

We were so lucky to just barely dodge another one. As predicted, Dorian stayed just off our coast as a Cat3. But we had sustained tropical storm force winds (about 50mph) with gusts close to 80 right on the coast and it dragged on for like 16 hours. That takes its toll. Especially with the 10 inches or so of saturation. Lots of trees down in our 'hood. Power out for almost 3 days and it was 93 today. No AC and no refrigerator was no fun but we are very thankful that that was the worst of it for us. The Abacos just got hammered. I haven't seen the outer banks yet. One of the predictions of global warming is that these bigger storms also seem to move much more slowly which compounds the devastation. Just got power back this afternoon and my instruments will be happy going from 90+% humidity slowly back to 50%. I know I am. Heart goes out to the beautiful Abacos.
    No matter where I go, there I am...Unless I'm running a little late.