Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

  1. #1

    Question Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    Ladies and Gents,

    I fell in love with the two point Gibson EM200 design
    I undertand Oldtown was producing a beautiful two points electric that recalled /copied that design but ceased activities (there's a second hand on emando.com right now)
    I also saw the Ashbury AM-240 but it's solid body

    Do you know of others that made a two points inspired mandolin ?

    For blues/rock purposes... at the moment is more a fantasy than anything else, therefore no budgetary constraints

    Thank you !

    Paolo

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,914

    Default Re: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    2-point beauty is a worthy consideration, but another solid reason to choose the EM200 is that it is not semi-hollow. I greatly enjoy being able to use ample volume and overdrive without any concerns about feedback. Even though it is solid and heavy, the instrument still 'hums' when played and can be felt against the chest. I keep moving the back away from my torso, as if it were an acoustic in need of a ToneGard.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    I am just wrapping up a five string and just started on a eight string. I know that Belvoir Guitars has been building one but don't know if its spoken for or not. Its an archtop. He does good work but is in the UK,so I don't know how that will pan out until there is some guidance from CITES on the new trade rule as it applies to instruments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 pt2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	358.7 KB 
ID:	179504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 pt.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	179503  

  4. #4
    Martin Stillion mrmando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,971

    Default Re: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    Looks nice, Andrew, haven't seen a 2-point from you in a long time.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

    Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

    Donaldson Wood Thormahlen Andersen Old Wave Bacorn Yanuziello Fender National Gibson Franke Fuchs Aceto Three Hungry Pit Bulls

  5. #5

    Default Re: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    Looks nice, Andrew, haven't seen a 2-point from you in a long time.
    Thanks. I think I've only built three or four.

    Andrew

  6. #6

    Default Re: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    Great point

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is a beauty !

  7. #7

    Default Re: Two point semi/hollow electric mando w/ magnetic pickup

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle3585 View Post
    I am just wrapping up a five string and just started on a eight string. I know that Belvoir Guitars has been building one but don't know if its spoken for or not. Its an archtop. He does good work but is in the UK,so I don't know how that will pan out until there is some guidance from CITES on the new trade rule as it applies to instruments.

    A beauty !



    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H Geimer View Post
    2-point beauty is a worthy consideration, but another solid reason to choose the EM200 is that it is not semi-hollow. I greatly enjoy being able to use ample volume and overdrive without any concerns about feedback. Even though it is solid and heavy, the instrument still 'hums' when played and can be felt against the chest. I keep moving the back away from my torso, as if it were an acoustic in need of a ToneGard.
    Good point

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •