Thread: Station Inn advice...Mike Compton

Brentrup Evangelist Larry S Sherman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Station Inn advice...Mike Compton

Hi Folks,

Mike Compton is one of my favorite mando guys but I have never had the opportunity to see him live up here in New England.

I recently saw that he would be appearing at the Station Inn in Nashville just before the Monroe Mandolin Camp begins, so my wife and I are going to fly down and hopefully see Mike at the famous Station Inn.

Although I can't attend the camp the Station Inn show looks great! Here's the description: "An evening of high energy Bill Monroe tunes featuring the staff of the 6th Monroe Mandolin Camp: Mike Compton, David Davis, Charlie Cushman, Tammy Rogers, Todd Phillips, Kathy Kallick, Richie Brown, Caleb Lauder, Mark Royal, John Keith, Brian christianson, Raymond Huffmaster, Mississippi Chris Sharp and SPECIAL GUESTS Roland White and many more!"

I've never been to the Station Inn, so I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on attending shows there? I don't think you can get tickets in advance...so do I need to be in line an hour or so early? Or do I not need to worry?

Any Station Inn tips that you could share?

Thanks! Larry

Default Re: Station Inn advice...Mike Compton

Get there early. Hopefully they have better beer choices than they did in the past.

Default Re: Station Inn advice...Mike Compton

Yes, definitely get there early, since you do have to stand in line. It also improves your chances of a decent parking space. We parked early in their lot, walked to dinner, and then came back and stood in line.
    Last edited by Steve-o; Aug-30-2019 at 5:05pm.