Thread: Bach: Suite D-Dur (BWV 1007), Prelude

Default Bach: Suite D-Dur (BWV 1007), Prelude

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	präludium d-dur2019.07.24.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	179275
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Aug-26-2019 at 12:05pm. Reason: embedding your video for easier viewing

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toomas Rannu For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Bach: Suite D-Dur (BWV 1007), Prelude

Nice!
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

4. The following members say thank you to John Bertotti for this post:

Very nice, Toomas. How did you get the cars and trucks to be in tune with your mandolin.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

6. The following members say thank you to Jim Garber for this post:

Sometimes is easyer to tune cars and trucks...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toomas Rannu For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Very NICE! made my morning, love your fingerstyle and pick tech! Impressive to me brother. I just looked up while you were playing looking at my woods and not 15 feet from me a big ole Hawk flew and landed on my deck rail facing me and was looking around at me and flew off now its perched in a tree looking for some prey! KOOL, very inspiring!

10. The following members say thank you to William Smith for this post:

I was workin’, and still do, on first Cello suites. Each of them were too green to record yet.
    But this day was really hot. And not only because heat is not very usual in this area, but looking at this corner in my backyard, suddenly one thought came into my head - how fragile all this world is. On one side plants and flowers grow how they use to, bees and butterflyes fly and birds sing, and on the other side there are cars and trucks and all else (during the recording session someone in the neighbourhood was working with some very noisy electric device from time to time and some other strange noises were heard). And in between of them there is a woodstack, whitch is not very solid wall.
    So I decided to record down the happiness I felt, happiness about the opportunity to sit down into the sunny side of the woodstack, to melt in the sun and to play this brilliant piece of music.
    Since of this day I kept this thought in my mind but comment you made was really inspiring and forced me to wright it down. Thank you, William for that!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toomas Rannu For This Useful Post:

Your playing is even more impressive than your stack of firewood! Thanks for sharing this music with us and your experience that led to it.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

14. The following members say thank you to Don Grieser for this post:

Without you it would be only a fail in my computer and some shapeless thoughts in my head. You turned it into a performance and the better audience, the better performance. So thanks for all of you! Some practise is needed of course...
    Last edited by Toomas Rannu; Aug-30-2019 at 3:30am.

16. The following members say thank you to Toomas Rannu for this post:

Blog Entries

We all need practice as there is way too much to learn-I can't play classical, fur elise that's about it!

There are many ways of thinking about motivation. On Bach era, most of the music for solo instruments was written not for performing but for the player him(her)self. So if I play in the street where many people not very interested in my playing and who are just passing by, I´m concentrating for playing for myself and find motivation also motivation for practiseing from the music. But when I play in front of the audience who is interested and it may be only one or two people in the hall, I feel my motivation is already different. Somehow I feel an extra energy to play better and closer to the limit. So I´m sure that for the next time if I prepare to record something for posting here I already think about someone watching it in North PA perhaps, and that is something to thank for.