Thread: Site-wide changes are occurring

Blog Entries

Default Site-wide changes are occurring

In preparation for the next generation of Forum software we have plans to launch in the future--no firm date for that roll-out at this moment--we're expanding the width of the entire site, which, obviously, includes the Forum. You won't notice much else new at this time. This posting is only to let you know why and some background on our reasons.

The new Forum software works best at a larger size with some new and exciting features but will be instantly familiar in design. The change in width is also going to allow added flexibility to present information in a more concise and convenient fashion in other areas of the site as well. I won't attempt to detail all of that here at this time.

Making this change is an initial step in the new Forum software which will come later. Doing this in advance lessens the workload we'll ultimately need to engage in when the time for that is right.

This change will being occurring in the next few minutes from this being posted. I'm closing the discussion as this is simply meant to be a notice, not an invitation to engage in Q&A. Additionally, I may or may not have a long day ahead of me once the change is implemented this morning and may not have time to dive into answers. Anyone with concern is welcome to use the Contact link at the bottom of every page on the site if you feel the need to bring something to our attention.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Blog Entries

Default Re: Site-wide changes are occurring

Classifieds users: max image size in classifieds is now 800 x 800, up from 640 x 640. If your image is larger than that it will automatically be resized during upload.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Site-wide changes are occurring

For those curious, here's a mobile screen shot of the entire Forum, and then the second image below that is the navigation feature accessed from three lines in the bar where the desktop navigation would be. No need to get overly excited as right now I don't have a time frame for when this occurs. Like any large and fairly complicated web project we've run into some technical snags. Dealing with over 1.6 million posts, hundreds of thousands of images, sound files, thousands of settings, etc. is not something you do in a few hours. Once those are ironed out then we proceed.

In particular, those belonging to and accessing social groups should be please at the changes and particularly the highlighting of those sections.

Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  257.6 KB

This is the navigation with the menu open:

Name:  nav.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  39.8 KB

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post: