Thread: New York International Mandolin Festival 2020

Default New York International Mandolin Festival 2020

Dear Mandolin Café members,
    I am reaching out to MC members to inform you about the upcoming New York International Mandolin Festival 2020 and to inquire if any of you would like to become part of the production of that event. In 2016 our first festival was held in New York City with musicians from Germany, Italy, Canada, Russia, India and of course the USA. The second festival is well underway. The dates and venue are secured. The performance dates are December 3-6, 2020. The venue is LaMaMa Theater, a professional theater, which is on East Fourth Street in New York City in the East Village. Andy Statman, Barry Mitterhoff, Carlo Aonzo, and Tamara Volskaya are committed to participate at this point. I am just starting to reach out to other musicians from around the world and will also be seeking new compositions for mandolin for performance at the event. Victor Kioulaphides, well known to Mandolin Café members, will be selecting compositions for that special concert which will be part of the festival.
    There is so much to be done to make this successful and run smoothly. If you have skills, or simply the energy, that you believe will be helpful, please contact me. I hope to assemble a meeting of the team in late September or early October in New York City to begin the work.
    In any case I hope that you will all watch for the upcoming news of the festival, including the parameters of the composition event, and join us for the concerts and workshops in December 2020.
    I can be contacted through the Forum or at stevenantonelli@gmail.com
    Steven Antonelli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first posted city image and text-Recovered.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	982.3 KB 
ID:	179129