Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK Luthier to build 4 String Solid Body Electric Mandolin

Default Re: UK Luthier to build 4 String Solid Body Electric Mandolin

Hi Andrew,

PM'd Pete here a few days ago trying to make sure Clive had got my message. Waiting for a reply. They must be too busy just now.

Regards,

That's your problem. Don't use the Cafe PM to communicate. Email him through his website. I'll send him a note too.

3. The following members say thank you to thistle3585 for this post:

Luthier&Pickup maker ret. Soundfarmer Pete's Avatar

Hopefully you have now had a reply Mandrian.....If not maybe your settings are wonky........and sad to say, this also applies to my `pooter when customers purchase pickups from my website and I`m not at home......
    Example being....Sad git that I am, I have a small laptop that I take on holiday and find that when using an alien WiFi (one that is elsewhere from my residence), I can read but not reply.

Oh the joy of (what should be) seamless communication

5. The following members say thank you to Soundfarmer Pete for this post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandrian View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I emailed him at the beginning of last week. No reply.

Regards
    Hit them up on their Facebook page. They seem to respond to that fairly quickly.

Daniel

Hi All,

I seem to be spending more time on sourcing a 4 string than playing in recent times. Given this, I am just going to practise more on my 5 string and stick with that. If I see the 4 string in the classifieds, I can always pursue it at that point.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions I received.

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by mandrian View Post
    Hi,

I'm keen to get a Telecaster style mandolin (as shown in the photo in the original post) so I have not contacted the likes of Gary Nava, John Maddock, Paul Shippey as I don't see any evidence that they make that sort of emando.

I suspect, as Rob said, the best prospect lies with an electric luthier and they were the recommendations I was looking for, if anyone had successfully found a luthier that currently makes the sort of mandolin I am looking.

Again, if anyone has a used one that might interest me, then let me know.

Thanks again.
    Hello,

I've already got 3 Almuse Mandoteles, which are great. Pete has retired building instruments but keeps on making his marvellous pickups.
    On his Website he writes "... if you are interested in commissioning a custom made instrument, please email info@belvoirguitars.co.uk with your dream."
    This is Pete's successor:
    https://www.facebook.com/belmusemandolins/

My latest mando is still in process - I hope getting it before Xmas. Made by german luthier Holger Beutling. He is 150 % exact in his work. We talked the smallest details and I'm lucky to live near him to be able to touch the neck in process, give advice of my preferences ... His Mandotele will get Almuse P90ies. It will be the final made to measure masterpiece to fit all my desires ...
    http://www.beutling-guitars.de/

Cheers

You could try Tomson guitars in Wigan. My 10 string is on his website, so is a small Telecaster.