Thread: Mezzacapo

Default Mezzacapo

Can someone clear up the difference between Mezzacapo, Edouardo, 1832-1898 and Mezzacapo, Edourdo, d. 1942? Wikipedia, and thus much of the rest of the world, is the source of the first set of dates (which is sourced to a single site), but elsewhere, including the Bibliothèque nationale de France and Paul Sparks, is used the death date 1942. Wikipedia suggest that the 1942 date may refer to a son ... but I've nowhere found any indication that a son existed. Bone details Mezzacapo working in London and Paris during the early 1900s. Help?

Joe Bartl

Default Re: Mezzacapo

Sorry to have been a pest. At work at the library today, I was cataloging some scores by Edouardo M. and started obsessing over confusions online and in the catalog. I solved my issues by simply creating name authorities for two Mezzacapos, one with dates 1832-1898 and one with dates 1880-1942. Again, sorry to have pestered you with this problem.

Joe Bartl

Default Re: Mezzacapo

Hi Joe,

I've come across the same mismatch of publication dates and biographical data when I was looking into the authorship of Eduardo Mezzacapo compositions, and came to the same conclusion as you: there are two of them, probably father and son (Link to my old discussion - apologies for the rough home recordings). Note that the BNF website attributes everything to the younger Mezzacapo which can't be true given some of the publication dates, whereas IMSLP attributes everything to the older one.

Martin

4. The following members say thank you to Martin Jonas for this post: