Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StrungTogetherBannerv1.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	896.9 KB 
ID:	178894

Strung Together: Bluegrass and Old Time Music Jam Campout

Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 1:00 PM –

Sun, Sep 15, 2019, 2:00 PM EDT

You asked for it, we deliver: jams, Jams, JAMS! Guided slow jams, intermediate and advanced jams, workshops, concerts and much more! Designated spaces will be laid out for each camp, with unlimited spots to hold you own jam.

Workshops and jam sessions are being offered this year in a more spontaneous fashion. Volunteer workshop and jam leaders will post their offerings on the big marker board in the middle of the camp. Discount offered to all music leaders (please consider giving a workshop or leading a jam during the weekend).

The weekend will start off with our wood fired pizza bar and a concert featuring Nate Paine and the Mudslingers followed by a called square dance in the new music barn!… plus a do-it-yourself concert/coffee house on Saturday night following the musicians Potluck Supper. Please check out our site for more details here.

Name:	IMG_2305.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	568.1 KB 
ID:	178898
    Our special guest teacher is the amazing, multi-instrumentalist Steve Roy. We are honored to be joined by some of our favorite Master Old Timers including George Fowler, Art Bryan, Jeff Titon, James Hyland, Bill Smith, Emily Jeffries and Baron Collins-Hill join us for the weekend.

“A Fine Old Time on Penobscot Bay”
    Events include many interesting guided jams (all levels), workshops, night/afternoon performances, recording studio, community pizza oven, group song share, singing, dancing, and lots of old time/ bluegrass jamming (beginner-advanced), all happening on the shores of Penobscot Bay. Vendors and campground cooks are always welcome.

Name:	sept (1)_page-0001.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	831.9 KB 
ID:	178895
    The weekend is sponsored by the Old Time Music Players and Vacationland Bluegrass Jam Camp of Maine and is hosted by Searsport Shores Ocean Camping in Searsport, ME. Come with some friends and make new ones while you are here celebrating American string band music, stories and the cultures that brought us those traditions.

All types of camping is available that weekend including tents, hammocks, RVs, safari, cabin rentals. Discounted camping rates available for participants. Volunteers are needed, and any time you can give is greatly appreciated. Bartering welcome.

Come early, stay long.
    Extra proceeds will be used for musician scholarships and to help fund the instrument lending project at the Searsport Carver Memorial Library.
    Please check out our site for more details here.

216 West Main Street

Searsport, ME 04974

Call: 1-207-548-6059
    Email: makersguildme@gmail.comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	F3CDA52D-C048-42A9-AC74-2E80FC3093A8.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	539.2 KB 
ID:	178900
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180923_132916.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	750.0 KB 
ID:	178896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Sep 06, 7 01 06 PM.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	902.2 KB 
ID:	178897  
    Last edited by Steventanguay; Aug-08-2019 at 7:08pm.

Default Re: Strung Together: Bluegrass and Old Time Music Jam Campout

Oh man. Steve Roy is amazing. I'm envious of whoever makes it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dodson View Post
    Oh man. Steve Roy is amazing. I'm envious of whoever makes it out there.
    Hey Joe

Steve, Erica Brown and Matt Shipman along with many of their band members are always a pleasure to be with as well as play with and learn from. This year were combining the week with the Old Time Camp Out we have here in Maine each fall. Should be a blast. If you ever make it this way get in touch. There's a few local jams happening every week. Please help us spread the word.
    Thank you for commenting,
    Steve

strungtogether.us

I'm really looking forward to this! Please say hello if you end up attending, it's always nice to meet fellow Cafe members!

Thanks,
    Baron
    MandoLessons: Free Online Mandolin Lessons
    Velocipede: My Fiddle Tune Duo
    Old Time Mandolin: Solo Old Time Mandolin Album

Looking forward to attending again! I was at this jam a couple years ago. Great folks, beautiful setting and amazing music: what more could you ask!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattBaker View Post
    Looking forward to attending again! I was at this jam a couple years ago. Great folks, beautiful setting and amazing music: what more could you ask!

Matt
    Were excited to hear that you can join us this year Matt and looking forward to hearing that BIG mando echo over the bay!