Thread: Unexpected

Default Unexpected

A bass-heavy piece and I didn't expect that but really liked it. Here is a screenshot of iTunes from my phone. I hate to assume but it sounds liek an electric bass. I wonder if it could have been a fifth tuned instrument. You'll hvae to jump to 2;46 just before the bass kicks in if you don't want to hear it all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_A267A422B6C9-1.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	178883
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

Default Re: Unexpected

Yes, that's electric bass, played by Martin MacLeod according to the album credits. Capercaillie were one of the early "Celtic" bands to use synths and bass along with trad instruments.

Although I'm a longtime fan of Capercaillie, as far as bass goes I prefer Trevor Hutchinson's playing in the Lúnasa band. Partly because it's an acoustic string bass, but also because he takes less of a "funk" approach to the tunes. If you're interested in hearing more bass in this genre of music, check out the Lúnasa albums.

P.S. you posted an image above, was that supposed to be a link to a recording? I was able to check out the track because I have the Capercaillie albums here on our music server.

Default Re: Unexpected

Cool, thanks for the heads up in the other hand!

No not a link I couldn’t figure out how to link to iTunes. I figured a pic was the next best thing.
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.