Thread: Printing TablEdit Chord Diagrams

Default Printing TablEdit Chord Diagrams

I am using Chord Manager in TablEdit to make a library of various 3-string chord shapes. When I go to print these, there is a box at the top where I can increase the size of the chord diagrams up to 400%. However, when the paper comes out of the printer, only tiny little chord diagrams are printed. Has anyone figured out how to print expanded size chord diagrams in TablEdit? Or, is there other software to do this? Thanks.
    .....Rickker
    1969 Gibson F5
    1960s Hofner 545

Default Re: Printing TablEdit Chord Diagrams

I haven't had the same experience that you describe, but I do use TablEdit occasionally for transcription work and have had good success getting the printed hard copy to come out looking like what I see on the screen. Two suggestions: 1) try printing to a .pdf file first, then (after confirming that the .pdf file shows the chord diagrams at the size you want) print a hard copy using whatever .pdf viewer software you prefer; and 2) if all else fails, contact the publishers of TablEdit. On the few occasions that I couldn't figure something out from the extensive documentation, I've always received great tech support from them.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

Thanks, Michael. I will give this a try. But in the meantime, I have found another way that may serve my purposes even better. When I have the 400% enlarged diagrams on the TablEdit screen, I just use the Shift-Windows-S screenshot trick, and then paste the diagram(s) into another document. This way I can move the diagrams around and add comments. There are a few steps involved but it goes pretty fast once you get used to the process.
    ....Rickker

Rikker - just curious if you’re using Windows, OSX or iOS platform. I have all three...
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

I am using Windows 10 for TablEdit stuff.

Rickker, you also have the Snipping Tool which is a part of the Windows package. I pin it to the taskbar and use it all the time at home and at work. Much easier than screen shots since you don't have to crop. Just a suggestion.
    "If your memories exceed your dreams, you have begun to die." - Anonymous

Thanks, Fred. I am not familiar with the Snipping Tool, but will look into it. I appreciate the suggestion.
    ....Rick