Thread: tone guard for big muddy jumbo

Default tone guard for big muddy jumbo

I just got me a big muddy jumbo MW-O. great tone and I love it. if I understand right its got the body of a mandola to make it louder and richer but its still a mandolin.

I also have a Kentucky KM-1050 which I also love and on it is a tone guard which makes it louder and improves the tone.

I checked with the guy who makes tone guards and he no longer does customs. the big muddy sounds good as is but obviously would sound better not pressed against my belly.

anybody here have a jumbo mandolin or a mandola or other such instrument and what solutions have you found? worse case I'll just try to hold it so as to reduce its touching my stomach but if there's something i can use like a tone guard, lets just say, I really like them.

Default Re: tone guard for big muddy jumbo

Tony does make 2 different mandola Tone Gard. His S style fits a Weber which is what I got. Don’t know the size of the other one. But you might want to reach out to him again about a Dola Gard.

Default Re: tone guard for big muddy jumbo

somehow I managed to get one of my regular tone guards to fit. it didn't do it when I tried and made this thread but then one fell off another old mandolin last night and I tried it and it fit the big muddy. guess it got stretched a bit or I didn't put the other one on right but either way, it works for now. LOL