Thread: TablEdit Pick-up Measure

Default TablEdit Pick-up Measure

I know TablEdit pretty well....? but for the life of me I can't find how to make and use a Pick-up Measure. Any help?

Blog Entries

Default Re: TablEdit Pick-up Measure

I would have to play around with it to remember the specifics, but it involves using the score / time signature menu item. There is a check box in that dialog for pick up measure. Maybe this will get you pointed in the right direction anyway.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

It's in "Reading List" under Midi tab. For instance, if your tune is 16 bars (plus intro bar, and repeat,) the first line in reading list would read 1 - 17, and the second line would read 2 - 17. That would play your intro bar the first time through, but would not include it in the repeat. Your tab or notation would reflect that, showing : notation in staff.
    benny

+1 to both answers above. The "reading list" method is good if all you want it to do is play the pickup measure correctly. Set up the reading list and save the file. If you want to print the arrangement and have say 4 equal measures per line, with the additional pickup measure on the first line, then you need to go to time signature, select "from measure 1" "to measure 1" and select the pickup measure box. Save the file. One problem with it is that if you edit/insert a tempo change you may need to put one in both the pickup measure and measure 2 or it may play different tempos.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."
    Luthier Page: Facebook

Thanks Tom for getting to the right question. You can also go to edit > edit measures and change the entry box to "from 1: to 1" and hitting insert.
    benny

If there are 4 beats in each measure and you have a 2-3- or 1-1/2 or 2-1/2 note pickup, fill the measure before the pickup notes with the appropriate rests.