Thread: Josh Rilko

Default Josh Rilko

I had the pleasure of seeing a few songs by the group Lindsey Lou last night. Josh Rilko is underrated in my view. Very musical, understated at times and blends in perfectly within the context of the group. He also has a nice vocal style. Granted I am somewhat biased in my perception of this builder but the mandolin Josh was playing which is a Wienman was exceptional. It was running through an old Fender amp i believe and I have no idea what his pre-amp or pickup configuration might be. The tone was nearly ideal if you like that dry, throaty, woody tone. Truly wonderful sound. Thanks Josh, Lindsey Lou, wish i didn't need to leave so early. Great group.

Default Re: Josh Rilko

I tried searching for "Lindsey Lou" in Spotify but didn't seem to get the right results. I searched in Google and added "Josh Rilko" and found out that the name is "Lindsay Lou" with an "a" and not an "e." Thanks for pointing out another group for me to try out!
    Doug Brock
    2018 Kimble 2 point (#259), Eastman MD315, Eastman MDA315, some guitars, banjos, and fiddles

Thanks for the spelling correction Doug. Definitely worth a listen.

4. The following members say thank you to Old Growth for this post:

I found a few albums on Spotify and tried some songs. Very enjoyable music, and some very tasty mandolin. I'll definitely be giving them some serious listening. Thanks again for sharing!
    Doug Brock
    2018 Kimble 2 point (#259), Eastman MD315, Eastman MDA315, some guitars, banjos, and fiddles

I've long liked his solo on "Show Me A Brick Wall." Spent a lot of time trying to get it down!.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-PNboRaPyc
    Collings MT

7. The following members say thank you to abmatt for this post:

abmatt...thanks for the music/link, nice piece. Cool solo as well. The Wienman F5 Josh is playing now sounds quite a bit different than the mando in the video. I was fairly well impressed last night in person by the entire ensemble. Mature, nuanced sound, great stuff. It felt a bit Bonnie Raitt-ish. The lead vocalist has some world class chops. I look forward to being able to watch an entire show next time.

Saw Lindsay Lou and Josh Rilko at String Summit - one of the best things at the festival. As Old Growth said, her voice is fantastic...shades of Raitt and Tedeschi. Josh's mando and guitar playing were damn good. My 2 cents
    2003 John Sullivan F5 "Roy"
    2015 Heiden F Artist
    2019 Ruhland F5 #35

Quote Originally Posted by Old Growth View Post
    abmatt...thanks for the music/link, nice piece. Cool solo as well. The Wienman F5 Josh is playing now sounds quite a bit different than the mando in the video. I was fairly well impressed last night in person by the entire ensemble. Mature, nuanced sound, great stuff. It felt a bit Bonnie Raitt-ish. The lead vocalist has some world class chops. I look forward to being able to watch an entire show next time.
    I heard Jarrod Walker playing his Weinman one time at a picking shed on the Suwannee River, unamplified. The second he picked his first few notes the crowd was just stunned, looking around as if to say: Do you believe that tone? Of course, he could make anything sound good, but that mando ... just heavenly.
    Collings MT