Thread: free trio and solo music from Evelyn

Default free trio and solo music from Evelyn

3 mandolin solo and trio books from Evelyn.

Dear mandolin friends. i Have2 new books on amazonfree for download from this forum and one more mot on amazon. Please avail yourelf of your free copies of the attached files. I have become too ill to play anymore and even compose. It has been the delight of my past few years to share this music with you. Best regards, evelyn Tiffany-castiglioni
    (harper)
    Anna's and Evelyn's Little Book for Mandolin Trios 2019: 50 Tunes for Mandolin Trios 2019 (Evelyn's Big Books for Mandolins) Paperback – July 5, 2019
    https://www.amazon.com/Annas-Evelyns...gateway&sr=8-3

Mandolin Medicine: Solos for Evening Solace: A Collection of Tunes Arranged for Solo Mandolin Paperback – July 13, 2019 https://www.amazon.com/Mandolin-Medi...gateway&sr=8-5

Evelyn’s favorite mandolin trios for 2019 attached, not on amazon)

i will shotly be posing 4 mandolins for saleinthe classifieds. please have a look:outsatnding rigelQ95 short scale, excellent vega cylinder back. exellent readlinertraveleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	A Evelyn's Favorites 2019.pdf 
Views:	459 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	178505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little Book FIN.pdf 
Views:	1155 
Size:	12.32 MB 
ID:	178506[ATTACH=CONFIG]178507[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mandolin Medicine FIN.pdf  
    Harper (My other mandolin is a harp)

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to harper For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: free trio and solo music from Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    3 mandolin solo and trio books from Evelyn.

Dear mandolin friends. i Have2 new books on amazonfree for download from this forum and one more mot on amazon. Please avail yourelf of your free copies of the attached files. I have become too ill to play anymore and even compose. It has been the delight of my past few years to share this music with you. Best regards, evelyn Tiffany-castiglioni
    (harper)
    Thank you Evelyn for all the joy you have brought to so many people over the years, and all my best wishes are with you and your family.

Martin

PS: I have tidied up the formatting of the three attachments to your post so that everybody can access your generous gift. The preview icons are black, but the PDF files work just fine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Evelyn's Favorites 2019.pdf 
Views:	459 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	178505 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little Book FIN.pdf 
Views:	1155 
Size:	12.32 MB 
ID:	178506 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mandolin Medicine FIN.pdf 
Views:	669 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	178507

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Jonas For This Useful Post:

Thank you, Evelyn. Your music is always wonderful and welcome.

Jack

Hello Evelyn,
    I’m really sorry to hear that you’re not well.
    I have to thank you for your books, they’ve been a real comfort over the years.

One time, my daughter was about seven years old and we were walking back home from her piano lesson here in a small village in the South of France. It was a hot summer’s evening and she had had piano lessons before, but this time it was different. She was excited because she had just played a tune, ‘Row, row, row the boat’ I think it was. BUT at the same time her piano teacher had played the accompaniment. ‘At the same time, Dad’ she said.

For her it was all beginning to fit together and everything was beginning to make sense.
    Anyway we got home and I showed her your first book that I’d printed from the internet.

‘Yes’, I said to her, ‘someone we don’t even know in America just shared it with us’. She nodded, ‘We’re so lucky’, she said.
    She opened up the pamphlet and looked down at the lines and the black dots. And she saw that it was music and that each line was a different instrument. And she saw each person playing their part, all together, and all of a sudden she understood what was possible. And her eyes just lit up.
    So Evelyn I want to thank you for that.

Evelyn,

I, too, am very sorry to hear you are not well. Atsunrise's post above was very touching, and I'm glad you made an impact in that young girl's life. You and I had a very nice conversation many years ago when you called me about a mid-mo mandola I had for sale at the time. Thank you for your music.

dear martin, thank you for tidying the formatting and also for your dozens of videos of my tunes. at sunrise , thank you for sharing your story about you daughter.i appreciate it very much.i remember experiencingsimilar enlightment in vocal singing, though i believe i was a few yefree years older. i hope she takes mkes joy in her music.
    simon, jack, thank you for your kind comments. it gratifies me to know that my music is being enjoyed in wales, germany, england, and the us

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harper For This Useful Post:

Evelyn, I'm very sorry to hear that you are ill and need to step back from the joys of playing the mandolin and arranging and composing for it. Your work is greatly valued by many people I know. I especially enjoyed getting to visit with you some back at the CMSA in Austin. You'll be in my thoughts.

John G.

Thank you for these Evelyn, I have used and introduced your tunes into the repertoire of the groups I play in and people have always enjoyed playing and listening to them. I am a novice arranger and appreciate the playability of your tunes as well as the harmonies -I have yet to manage both together.

All the best.
    - Jeremy

Wot no catchphrase?

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Evelyn, what a wonderful gift! Thank you so much!

Evelyn, I am saddened to learn of your illness. You have given the world some wonderful gifts with your arrangements, both those you have given away for free here at the mandolin cafe as well as those beautifully bound books you sell. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the musical joy you have given the world.

Some wonderful new arrangements in this latest offering. Here are my recordings of four of them, starting with two Welsh ones:

Ton Alarch
    Caerdroia
    Steamboat Waltz
    The Jocular Constable (schottische)

Thank you once again, Evelyn!

Martin

Thanks, Evelyn, for your arrangements and the generosity to share it with us.
    I wish you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Frithjof View Post
    Thanks, Evelyn, for your arrangements and the generosity to share it with us.
    I wish you all the best!
    DEAR Martin, thank you for the 4 videos, splendid as always. i encourage everyone to look up Andy hornby's compositions. jocular constable is a favorite of my from his book pheasnt feathers.

best regards,
    evelyn

Feeling better today. some use is returning o my left hand and arm

17. The following members say thank you to harper for this post:

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the tunes Evelyn. I especially appreciated your help a few years back when getting some music sorted for my wee harpist friend. She’s no longer so little and off studying medicine now, but still playing in the university orchestra. You have an influence way beyond what you’re ever likely to fully appreciate. Glad you’re getting a bit of relief in the hand and arm.
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin

Thank you Evelyn for you beautiful music! Best wishes fro Finland with CANTICLE OF THE TURNING

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenno For This Useful Post:

Evelyn, my thoughts are with you and your musical husband too. I recall really nice "music making" with you both at AMGuSS.

I think, from the above two posts, that folk might not be aware that Evelyn passed away on Tuesday, November 12th - just two months ago. Her music will keep her memory alive in the hearts of so many people who have experienced it as players and as listeners.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Kelly For This Useful Post: