Thread: Atlanta Irish Flute player searching for slow Session Players

Default Atlanta Irish Flute player searching for slow Session Players

Greetings All.

I'm seeking an Irish tune player in the Atlanta metro area who would be interested in co-anchoring an Irish slow Session.

The sessions will be held the third Thursday of each month.

Best wishes.

T.

P.S.

I play an Olwell.

Default Re: Atlanta Irish Flute player searching for slow Session Players

Hi T, where's the session located? I would love to participate. But Atlanta's a mighty big place... :-)

Default Re: Atlanta Irish Flute player searching for slow Session Players

Marty.

At the moment I am searching for prospective players / co-anchor(s).
    Someone who can commit to assisting in hosting the session one night a month.

The session has not yet begun.
    I am talking with several venues willing to host the session mainly in the Virginia - Highlands, Decatur, Brookhaven area. Of course this may change depending on which venue ultimately commits.

Currently there are two regular Irish sessions in the ATL area that I am aware of, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, hence the proposed Thursday schedule.

Tuesdays: 8-10/11 pm
    Mehans - 227 Sandy Springs Pl NE, Atlanta, GA 30328

Wednesdays: 8-10/11 pm.
    O'Brians -
    2486 Mt Vernon Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338

The above sessions are "regular" Irish sessions. A slow session is rather different in the sense it caters to those who play at a slower (not lightening) speed and allows more freedom for songs, waltzes, airs etc during the session as well as allowing beginners to play and learn from more experienced musicians.

Check out http://slowplayers.org

If you are still interested perhaps we could meet at one of the regular sessions, a pub or wherever to talk and hammer out a few tunes.

Todd.