Thread: izotope Recording Question

Default izotope Recording Question

Anyone here have any thoughts on recording quality of the izotope spire studio, read some pretty good reviews, I believe it will record up to 8 tracks if only the built in mic is exceptional for a built in mic because I'd want to do all recording, guitar, mando and vocals acoustically.

Default Re: izotope Recording Question

I've never used one but a couple months ago I watched a review/demo video that did a recording project. I am familiar with the host of this channel and he tends to review things he likes and passes on things he doesn't. Generally if he does a video then he things it's alright. You can be the judge of the outcome.

https://youtu.be/iGR10uYJPp8

It seemed easy enough to use that you could couple it with an external mic later on down the line and up your productions.

tks alot, pretty impressive and should make some nice sounding home recordings

I own a Spire. It’s a very handy little multitrack recorder. Sound quality with the built-in mic is good, but not as good as can be achieved using the phantom powered XLR inputs with a high quality condenser. The app is very easy. They have added some features since I first installed it, which improved the editing capabilities. It’s intended as a streamlined songwriting and arranging sketch pad for practice and easy collaboration/file sharing. It does all this phenomenally well. It is NOT ProTools-In-A-Box. As long as your expectations are properly calibrated, I expect you will not be disappointed.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."