Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uther my cat..

Default Uther my cat..

I lost my best friend this morning after 18 years,,I'm really going to miss him bad,,,the only mandolin content here is I will dedicate,my playing today to him.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170214_150502.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	422.1 KB 
ID:	178227

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T.D.Nydn For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Uther my cat..

So Sorry to hear that, I am a huge cat fan with 7 of them living with me. GodSpeed to your best bud.
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

4. The following members say thank you to John Bertotti for this post:

As an avowed cat person, I fully empathize with your loss. It's truly a loss to have to part with a beloved friend. I'm sure you have many fond memories that will help diminish your pain over time.

6. The following members say thank you to Rdeane for this post:

Sorry for your loss.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a vet.

8. The following members say thank you to Roger Adams for this post:

Seven cats here too, but have had at least two dozen in my life thus far, and have been there where you are many times. It's never any easier. Each one is unique in his/her own way, but the "best bud" types are truly special. My sincere sympathies. R.I.P. Uther, and take care of yourself, T.D.!

bratsche
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!
    MandolaViola's YouTube Channel

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bratsche For This Useful Post:

Love cats but allergic, hence I’m a dog person. Regardless, so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is always tough...
    Chuck

12. The following members say thank you to CES for this post:

Blog Entries

Play him a tune for me, too.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

14. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post:

I have no particular allegiance to either species but, equally love them! After the last one died, I have not had the heart to get another one. That may change but, it’s a small consolation to know if my wife and I want to just GO, we can for a weekend without any encumbrance.
    I am saddened anytime a friends pet is taken to the larger life. Catnip, dog bones, all the things that our critters enjoy will be there for them as they will be for us...well, You will be. I will be tormented in the “Hell of out of tune mandolins and bad food!) forever. I did it myself. Oh and lousy sales staff!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

16. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post:

Hi T.D.,

My deep sympathies for your loss. My wife and I are avowed cat people. We have more than I care to admit to, but that is because with our multiple barns, we are well set up to accept cats who are in need of a safe, comfortable home. We have four in the house who are true members of our family.

I know this loss you are feeling. We lost one, Calvin, a special-needs cat who shared our home for almost 18 years. It is quite a few years ago that he passed, but I still think of him daily and feel the loss.

In time, the loss becomes less one of pain and more one of warmth and memories of a passed love. You will get to that stage in your own time. I wish for you all the comfort one can have at this time.

Best wishes,

Bob
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

18. The following members say thank you to Bob Clark for this post:

Sorry for your loss. Those critters really do become members of the family and special friends.
    It's tough to see them go, but I do believe we'll pet them again someday.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

20. The following members say thank you to FLATROCK HILL for this post:

I will never forget the “You are LEAVING” looks I got when I was a road rep from “Guinness” (tortoise shell, split nose) whenever she saw me pack a bag!
    She knew. As for vacation? Without house sitters that she knew... life would have been enjoyed with cat “anger” in who knows where!
    She had a perfect “Black and Tan” nose, I do miss that little cat coming home from a gig at 3:00 just wanting her ears scratched a little.
    I need a tissue!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

22. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post:

sorry to hear this. I had a major loss this May. Have 4 dogs and 3 cats now, was only a dog person for decades until about 15 yrs ago when I took home a stray that I became attached to at my job. the rest of the felines are all strays. amazing animals totally different than dogs.
    our days are blessed with the company of these animals.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_20171017_214609_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	178238

Name:	thumbnail_20171221_024745_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	178239

d

24. The following members say thank you to darylcrisp for this post:

===========

I have only been a cat person for about 5 years - so I have not lost one yet - but I can only imagine how sad I will be . . .

The great Christian theologian Saint Thomas Aquinas once (light-heartedly) speculated that there must be dogs in Heaven, because Heaven is a place of pure joy, and dogs bring people much joy. I'm not sure that can be considered dogma (no pun intended) but he does have a point about our pet buddies.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeZito For This Useful Post:

So sorry, T.D. We lost an almost-18-year-old over the winter, and have a 16-year-old that's showing his age. It's awful when they have to go. I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you.

28. The following members say thank you to Louise NM for this post:

Sorry to hear of your loss T.D. It's never easy to lose a member of the family. I cried like a baby when we lost our "Zippy". He was not my cat, I was his person. It still saddens me to this day.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zippy in Case.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	613.6 KB 
ID:	178240

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lenf12 For This Useful Post:

So sorry for your loss. I've been a cat person for decades -- they're special presences in the house.
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305

32. The following members say thank you to Randi Gormley for this post:

Lost an eleven year old a couple of years back. Oliver. Cancer. Buried him right in the yard late at night when we got back from the vet. We knew we were putting him down so I had it dug already. I played and sang "Go Rest High on the Mountain," for him. Changed it around a little to suit a cat.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

34. The following members say thank you to Bill Kammerzell for this post:

Cancer sucks. Lost our Benjy to it a month before he'd have turned ten, three years ago in June. He was our alpha cat, and definitely one of my "best buds" over the years. He's in some of my Yootoob videos, but I still can't bear to re-watch them yet. Our yard has a cat cemetery section behind the patio.

bratsche
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!
    MandolaViola's YouTube Channel

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bratsche For This Useful Post:

So terribly sorry for your loss.
    My wife and I had to put to rest a cat we inherited. She was quite the diva, and proved to not always be a favorite in the house. She audibly huffed and physically furrowed her brow when offered a live mouse to “do with as she will”. She demanded a lap or food with loud Meows while looking straight through you. She hated our cat Munchie when we adopted her from being a backyard stray. And had a constant stuffed up head that, at times, produced less than desirable results when she sneezed. Thus her diva name was earned. Cleo. Short for Cleopatra the Queen Diva.
    Though not always the favorite of the two, she was the one who helped to get my dear wife off the couch when recovering from a serious illness. Her words, “She at least got me off the couch instead of just sitting there and doing nothing.”
    Rotten cat made me sob when she was put to sleep. She is missed.
    I can only imagine how I will feel come the day when Munchie is too old or too ill to recover and needs to be laid to rest.
    I would think it is probably time to start learning a song to play that day when I mourn.
    Hopefully your playing will keep alive the wonderful memories given to you from your “Fur Kid” you loved so dearly.
    Eric Hanson
    Click #016/ Born on 2/29/08 - Sold to the next Conservator of this great mandolin!
    The search has ceased! (At least for now)
    Collings A-Style
    White #29R : Oh my!! This one is so AWESOME!!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Hanson For This Useful Post:

Gibson F5L Gibson A5L
    Blog Entries

I have always thought pet is too small a word to describe the places our animal friends fill in our lives. I am truly sorry for you loss … R/
    I love hanging out with mandolin nerds . . . . . Thanks peeps ...

40. The following members say thank you to UsuallyPickin for this post:

so sorry for your loss. an I must say what a great bunch of people you guys are. we also have cats. 7 of them that came into our back yard & became part of our lives & 1 dog that we adopted. crying sucks.

42. The following members say thank you to mandolin tony for this post:

I wish to thank everyone for their replies,I am deeply moved by your very kind comments.

You know, T.D., when one of us shares their grief with this community like you did, you give us the opportunity to express our caring nature. The opportunity you gave us really shows what a great group of friends we have here. Thank you for giving us this opportunity.

And again, best wishes,

Bob
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Clark For This Useful Post:

I hate my cat...especially when she rubs her head on my neck and lays on my chest and purrs both of us to sleep.

Obviously I'm being facetious....they have ways of breaking the strongest of men. So sorry for your loss.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1133.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	428.0 KB 
ID:	178252

47. The following members say thank you to Al Trujillo for this post:

nice to know their are people like you guys around. I cried like a baby in the vets office when my baby girl Molly was called to haven. some times I just hate being human. also T.D, don't worry when the time is right another cat will adopt you.

49. The following members say thank you to mandolin tony for this post: