Thread: Postcards From the Crater at Bandcamp

Default Postcards From the Crater at Bandcamp

I'm pleased to say that our friendly Cafe host has added a short track from my just released, digital-only, recording to the Cafe MP3 collection. Postcards From the Crater is a collection of 10 divertimentos for solo mandolin, each in three short sections, that I composed in 2016 while working on the Mel Bay edition of James Oswald's 12 solo divertimentos.

I posted the sheet music for my Postcards in bits on my So Many Tunes blog in the Fall of 2016 and included rough demo recordings of the pieces then. I intended to go back and make higher quality recordings someday and I finally did that this Spring.

While this new recording is commercially available at the Bandcamp site no purchase is necessary to stream the complete recording a few times.

If you are interested in the sheet music, you can purchase it through the Postcards page on my Mandotopia site but, if you have read this far, I would be happy to send you a free pdf copy if you contact me personally via email or a PM.

To me this music is "classical" in much the same way as James Oswald's 18th century divertimentos. Light music, good for practicing, working with students, or for adding some variety to a longer program. I hope you enjoy it.

John G.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Goodin For This Useful Post: