Thread: blues, stomps update

Default blues, stomps update

Hi, folks.

I'm just posting to let you know that I haven't quit doing "Blues, Stomps, & Rags." I slowed down a bit, then went down east to visit my ancient mother and travel around. I thought that, while there, I'd get back to posting in my spare time. However, by the time I arrived in Halifax my mother was dying, so I ended up doing a death-bed vigil, then arranging her funeral in Prince Edward Island. While on the Island, I had a fall (due to insulin shock), resulting in an injury -- not severe but painful -- that has interfered with my present ability to play music or work at a computer. I'm back in Ottawa, resting a very sore tailbone (nothing much the medical system can do for such an injury). l'll get back to these postings when I'm able. Hope all are well, and that you had a better start to summer than I did.

For fans of Cape Breton or other so-called Celtic music, if you're in Halifax, Nova Scotia, check out Louis Benoit and Dave MacIsaac at The Old Triangle on Monday nights. They play mostly guitar and some fiddle, though Louis is a mandolin player too. This is performers in a bar, not a jam session.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

Default Re: blues, stomps update

Great news. I've really enjoyed your posts and look forward to more.

Tom Mylet
    Tom Mylet

3. The following members say thank you to Tom Mylet for this post:

Ranald 

Default Re: blues, stomps update

Quote Originally Posted by Ranald View Post
    Hi, folks.

I'm just posting to let you know that I haven't quit doing "Blues, Stomps, & Rags." I slowed down a bit, then went down east to visit my ancient mother and travel around. I thought that, while there, I'd get back to posting in my spare time. However, by the time I arrived in Halifax my mother was dying, so I ended up doing a death-bed vigil, then arranging her funeral in Prince Edward Island. While on the Island, I had a fall (due to insulin shock), resulting in an injury -- not severe but painful -- that has interfered with my present ability to play music or work at a computer. I'm back in Ottawa, resting a very sore tailbone (nothing much the medical system can do for such an injury). l'll get back to these postings when I'm able. Hope all are well, and that you had a better start to summer than I did.

For fans of Cape Breton or other so-called Celtic music, if you're in Halifax, Nova Scotia, check out Louis Benoit and Dave MacIsaac at The Old Triangle on Monday nights. They play mostly guitar and some fiddle, though Louis is a mandolin player too. This is performers in a bar, not a jam session.
    So sorry for the loss of your mother, and the health issues. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and all the best in music.

5. The following members say thank you to Jess L. for this post:

Ranald